How do you find the SS Copenhagen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScubaBrett22

Lionfish Slayer
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Okay i have a big question that i will bring up again...

How do you find the SS Copenhagen by the mooring buoys? Because i know its not on Buoy number 4 or 2 so where is it? Does anyone know any secrets on how to penetrate the dive because we are going this weekend and the SS Copenhagen was the first real reef/ wreck i dove and it was fricken sweet and i would like to go back again cause i now have my camera!!

Please Help!!!!! :)

Okay i have a big question that i will bring up again...

How do you find the SS Copenhagen by the mooring buoys? Because i know its not on Buoy number 4 or 2 so where is it? Does anyone know any secrets on how to penetrate the dive because we are going this weekend and the SS Copenhagen was the first real reef/ wreck i dove and it was fricken sweet and i would like to go back again cause i now have my camera!!

Please Help!!!!! :)

Ok- so maybe I am way off, but the Copenhagen is a pile of rubble and a plaque at the south end of the Pompano drop off reef balls. There is nothing to penetrate and no real secrets. Tie up at the south end and you are there.

Ok- so maybe I am way off, but the Copenhagen is a pile of rubble and a plaque at the south end of the Pompano drop off reef balls. There is nothing to penetrate and no real secrets. Tie up at the south end and you are there.

Right but is there a specific buoy number?

Taken from the official Copenhagen pamphlet. As Matt said, no real penetration anymore, not that you should be considering penetrating any wrecks at this stage of your dive training.

The wreck of Copenhagen is located in 15-30 feet of water just outside the second reef on the Pompano Ledge, 3.6 miles south of Hillsboro Inlet and 3/4 of a mile off-shore Lauderdale-By-The-Sea at latitude 26° 12.349’ N and longitude 80° 05.108’ W. The site is adjacent to reef buoys #3 and #4. To avoid damage to the shipwreck or to coral and reef structure, please use mooring buoys. Remember to display a “divers down” flag when diving or snorkeling. A laminated underwater guide is available from local dive shops.

Be sure to get a pic of the plaque

photo.jpg

Do you mean this is not the plague of the Copenhagen? Dang, was diving in the wrong spot.
3039915820_69f4ef9991.jpg

:rofl3:

not that you should be considering penetrating any wrecks at this stage of your dive training.

Well i have 4 years of diving i don't go into any natural wreck only artificial wrecks, I do not go into the wreck unless i can see my way out and i don't go in wrecks that require me to use a line/ reel. :D

Same here. Been on the Speigel several times, but only where I can see my way out.

Daylight ROCKS on Wreck dives!!

Chug
Is afraid of the dark, except for night dives from the beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom