Sherwood Wisdom - Condensation Inside

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've got an older sherwood wisdom 7100 series, which got a crack in the battery cover, allowing a small amount of water in. The computer started freaking out on a 30 foot dive in fresh water. Now there is condensation inside the lens. I'm trying to figure out how to dry it. I've tried leaving in the sun, I've even gone out and purchased a vacuum dessicator and that did not work either. I'm thinking of trying to open up the case. Is that a bad idea? My biggest fear is breaking something when opening it - is there a trick other then sticking a screwdriver in the slot and carefully prying it up?

If you try to open it up you will probably render it useless. You may want to take it to any authorized dealer to see if they could help. If the computer is dead due to flooding we do offer upgrades on the purchase of a new computer and the local dealers can give you pricing on this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom