A day and a half diving the Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dogglebe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My wife and I are planning a trip to Egypt this coming March and we're thinking of a day and a half diving the Red Sea. We were wondering what equipment we should bring, as opposed to rent. We'd hate to lug everything around for only three dives.

Can anyone recommend a reliable dive shop. Preferably one that would cover gear rental as well as the boat.

My wife is AOW; I am OW. We would like to dive around Hurghada.

Phil

Last edited:
Depends how much you are happy with renting. Maybe own masks if comfortable with them but you dont NEED to bring anything at all really as you can rent it all.

We'll be diving from Hurghada, though I can't be anymore specific than that at this time.

If everything is rented, then we should just leave everything home, except for my wife's prescription mask.

Thanks.

Phil

I would always take your own mask even if it's not prescription. It doesn't take that much room and you don't know you'll be able to rent a mask that doesn't leak for you. If you have a wrist computer I'd consider taking that as well. Again, doesn't take much space, plus nice to be familiar with it.

We'll be diving from Hurghada, though I can't be anymore specific than that at this time.

If everything is rented, then we should just leave everything home, except for my wife's prescription mask.

Thanks.

Phil
For good dive operators in Hurghada, contact Anders (samaka on this forum).

After snooping around the boards (something I should've first), I'm intrigued with desert-divers.com. Their prices seem extremely good. Has anyone had any experience with them?

One deal, a 4 day/6 dive camel safari/scuba package is only 295EGP, including food. Menu prices - Diving, Freediving & Safaris - Desert Divers, Dahab Am I reading that right?

Phil
4 days is normally 8 dives not 6. The price you mentioned is in Euro not EGP for 3 days / 6 dives.

Euros? Yikes!

Thanks for the heads up.

Phil

Back
Top Bottom