Talk about bad timing!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phish-phood

Reaction score
My lovely new Apeks regs arrived this morning just as I was on my way out to work, so now they are sitting at home unopened in a box while I try and do some work (obviously not working since I am here lol)
Not only that but we have a long weekend this week, finish work this afternoon and don't have be back until Wednesday but I can't go diving!!!! I am moving house so all dive kit has been resigned to storage until I can get the new place sorted and insured!!!

What a pain - I've been looking forward to diving with my own regs for ages and now I have to wait until September when I go home to Ireland for a few days :( Understandably I am not a happy camper !

Phish-phood once bubbled...
My lovely new Apeks regs arrived this morning just as I was on my way out to work...Understandably I am not a happy camper !
Lets hope you have a bath so you can try them out! Or I guess like me when I get new gear ... I tend to suit up at home and look in the mirror ... research .. research ... yer right.

Enjoy them in the fullness of time.

Summer is ending fast! Make time anyway you can. Jen and I decided to make up lame excuses to leave work early yesterday. We snuck out at one o'clock, met up, shut off the cell phones and caught a 3PM high tide at Shinnecock Inlet.

It was great! The site was empty, and we saw some nice Gulf Stream tropicals. All in All, definitely worth the h**l I'm going through at the office this morning.

I figure I've got all winter to be at work :wink:

Scott

Out here (Puget Sound area), winter is the best time to dive. Vis clears up to an average of 25 feet, you don't overheat getting into your exposure gear, and the "hordes" all find something else to do until April.

Of course, ya gotta put up with the rain, but it is a nice fresh-water rinse after the dive ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Any Marine life there to see in wintertime? What are the temps like? In the NE, the water gets right down into the low 30's and is dead as far as sea life goes.

I know some of the hard core wreck divers still go out, but in those conditions, I don't think I'd enjoy it too much. With all the storms and Nor' Easters we get the vis probably stinks too.

I get out my ice hiking gear in winter, and head upstate !

Yes, there's plenty of marine life here in winter. Not the tremendous schooling fish that we see in summer (at least, we can see them during cycles of low plankton bloom) ... but otherwise there's not a lot of difference in what's there to see from season to season.

Water temps don't vary all that much here ... it's currently at it's warmest (57 F), and in winter it may get down to as low as the mid-40's.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

That sounds like great winter diving! I guess there's a tradeoff for everything. In the summer we get tropical fish and water temps approaching 80 (on the surface), but you get a longer dive season.

It sounds like the only solution is for you to take a road trip up here in the summer, and I'll head your way in the winter :wink:

well winteris not necessarily the best time to dive in Britain but we do anyway!! plenty of quarry pits to get wet in :p Ieven did my open water cert in December.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom