Mask leaks over time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i had that issue with a clear skirt mask - not sure that clear skirt was an issue. Discovered after many frustrating dives that the skirt around the bottom of the mask appeared to be too long for my face. It was leaking from the bottom.

It's weird - went to LDS this weekend for advice and found that mine leaks from the bottom BUT I have very little skirt - what brand are you using that "has too much"?

thnx

what about that catheter glue

I think that mask leaking issue is the Holy Grail of diving. I've made many dives with lots of different masks and it seems that they all leak at one time or another and some more than others. Sometimes it's the same mask, just a different day. Sometimes more than others. Many times I find that it has to do with different tasks, water temperature or how much fun I am having. Sometimes mine will leak and sometimes it won't. I wish that I had a solution. The only one I have ever used that didn't leak was a full face mask and I don't use it very often. For several years though, I used it every week and it was great.

I mentioned a ways back that after many years of not leaking, both of my masks started to leak. This was about a year or two ago. Just recently on several dives I didn't have to clear it even once. Perhaps my face did get a bit skinnier recently (I lost weight) and then re-inflate more recently?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom