Video: Sea Lion at Metridium Fields

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ae3753

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Top side conditions were surprisingly pleasant for the Grand Tour dive with Ben, Brian, and Cynthia. In water, we were greeted with 10'-15' of viz.

At the Metridium Fields, sea lions found us equally curious:
[youtubehq]
IebGnjk0RlI
[/youtubehq]

In case the embed doesn't work again, here's a direct link to the Sea Lion in Monterey video. 720p is obviously best :wink:

Hey why is it when I asked on the phone you guys said vis was 15-20' then you claim 10-15' later? You just wanted to see us drive to Monterey and laugh at us? HA! the joke is on you. As the tide came in it brought clear water and we had 35' of vis, so take that! :D Now I could see as far as my light penetrated and it was easily over 15'. With no surge it was excellent diving conditions.

Thanks for the video Don. That was a fun dive.

So what's the sign for "Dude, you got a sealion sniffing your butt?"
Nothing just get them to pose for a photo or video so you can embarrass them over and over in front of their friends. Haha Brian had a sea lion playing with his butt and he was enjoying it, just look at his smile!

Hey why is it when I asked on the phone you guys said vis was 15-20' then you claim 10-15' later? You just wanted to see us drive to Monterey and laugh at us? HA! the joke is on you. As the tide came in it brought clear water and we had 35' of vis, so take that! :D Now I could see as far as my light penetrated and it was easily over 15'. With no surge it was excellent diving conditions.

It was 15-20' at Metridium Fields. Though 10-15' at the Barge.

Glad that you had even better viz, that's fantastic. Especially given the canceled trip. Did you dive this morning too?

So what's the sign for "Dude, you got a sealion sniffing your butt?"

I think it's the "HOLD" sign. And then you proceed to video, kinda like how we did it :D

Thanks finding way to the barge, and organizing. Always a lot of fun.

It was 15-20' at Metridium Fields. Though 10-15' at the Barge.

Glad that you had even better viz, that's fantastic. Especially given the canceled trip. Did you dive this morning too?
Actually I was kidding about the vis and that is why I wrote that I could see at least 15'. There are times it was 20' though. It was a nice dive and well worth the deviation off of HWY 101.

Ben owes me a barge, metridium tour still. Last time we tried at night it was called less than 15 minutes into the dive. I also owe Ben some nice boat dives.

Excellent video...good job as a videographer, easy to watch. Cool to see the sea lion playing around.

Ben owes me a barge, metridium tour still. Last time we tried at night it was called less than 15 minutes into the dive. I also owe Ben some nice boat dives.

Sorry Peter.... you missed your chance :shakehead:

Actually it would have worked out great if you were there... Brian wanted to do some skills also

I just spent 2 minutes trying to come up with an understandable signal for "sea lion sniffing at your butt", and I failed to come up with anything that didn't look like it's probably considered a sex crime in at least 12 states...

I just spent 2 minutes trying to come up with an understandable signal for "sea lion sniffing at your butt", and I failed to come up with anything that didn't look like it's probably considered a sex crime in at least 12 states...

It was really hard not to point him out to you... I knew if you would have turned he would have bolted again... I'm glad Don was able to capture some of the moment :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom