Sacramento/Folsom: Want to log some local dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dack

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm looking for other Sac area folks who are interested in logging some local dives. I'll be doing Rescue Diver next weekend @ Dolphin, and my next goal is to work towards Divemaster cert.

I'd love to spend every weekend at some exotic locale, or even Monterey but just don't have the time and $$$. I'm hoping to find others interested in some more casual local dives: get started early, log a couple dives, and get back home before the wife and kids even know you're gone. Unfortunately I don't have any local dive buddies yet.

I live 5 minutes from Folsom Lake and Lake Natomas. I also really enjoyed diving Lake Tahoe and would love to explore other lakes between Sac and Tahoe. Practicing buoyancy and trim? Geocaching? Looking for lost treasure near popular swim spots? Just tooling around under water? Let's do it.

Send me a PM or post here and we'll hook up. Thanks!!!

- Dack

Hey Dack, I'm in the Sac area every now and then (weekends). If you're interested I could ping you and see if you're interested in a dive. I've never done fresh water before but I would like to check out Folsom Lake. I'm a pretty new diver with maybe 20 dives logged. 5 in Thailand, 15 in Monterey.

Dack,

PM me. I just finished my DM at Dolphin and want to do some lake exploring. Places I've got in mind this summer are Tahoe, Blue Lakes, Lower Bear River Reservoir, Sly Lake, and Sugar Pine. This weekend Sugar Pine (boat launch) was 40' viz, warmish (68F surface), with some fish. Great place to get experience and/or configure gear.

Raftingtigger

Hey Dack and other dudes,

I'm in the Sac. area too, looking to get geared up and into the water.

- P

Don't know if any of you have read this post in awhile, but I would drive to Sac to get some dives in with you all!!!! Let me know!

Diver1974

PM me. We might find something between our locations (Berryessa and Clear Lake). Lakes are a place to get wet and get comfortable. That makes the CA coast easier and less stressful. Lake Folsom is warm now and easy entry. Viz is about 8-10'.

I also have some new divers I try to get out for experience. If you want a specific dive with only one other diver, then let me know. O/w I try to bring some other new divers with me (I'm a youth group leader and we have divers in the group).

Don't know if any of you have read this post in awhile, but I would drive to Sac to get some dives in with you all!!!! Let me know!

Raftingtigger,

I PM'd you but I don't know if you got it, let me know because I am interested in meeting up for some dives!

Greg

FWIW Clear Lake is not a lake I would go diving in. It is shallow, and has a lot of weeds growing in it. Vis could be as little as 2' right now or even less.

Berryessa has a muddy bottom and silts really easily. Not much to see other than lots of garbage and a few bass. In the past we have done cleanup dives there, but the original dive shop that held them has since stepped away from running the event. The vis in 15' of water is about 15' and quickly deteriorates from there down to about 2' at 40' of depth.

That sucks! Not a very promising outlook on my weekend for diving................

Raftingtigger,

I PM'd you but I don't know if you got it, let me know because I am interested in meeting up for some dives!

Greg

Got it and sent a visitor message back. I can do a late afternoon/evening/night dive at Lake Folsom this and next Tuesday (9/6 and 9/13). I can also dive on Sept 17, 18, 19 and/or Sept 25, 26.

--Raftingtigger

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom