Zeagle Ranger or Stiletto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoCards

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am trying to decide between the Zeagle Ranger or Stiletto BC. Ive searched the forum and found good information on both they seem to be well designed and very durable. This is going to be my first BC purchase and I am looking for quality, ease of use and something that will last for quite a while as I progress in my diving. I do plan to travel for diving but am not overly concerned with packing size. As of right now I will mostly be diving warmer water,(SC down to the keys) and nothing technical yet, however I'm in the military so that could all change within a couple of years. I'm wondering if the ranger is overkill for my current needs or if its something to grow into. I have found a deal for either one of the BC's with the Zeagle Flathead LT regulator for the same price, so price isnt an issue with the decision. Any advice is appreciated!!

Had both through the years. Get the Stiletto because of the 35 lb wing. Ranger 44 lb wing is overkill for Fla diving. Both will last years of diving.

Buy the one that fits you the best. My husband tried both and thought that the Ranger felt much more comfortable than the Stilletto. Since everyone's body type is different, you're best to try then decide. You also have the option of considering the Zeagle Brigade sold by ScubaToys. It is simply a Ranger harness with a smaller wing.

One way or another you won't go wrong with Zeagle products. Between my husband and I, we have easily over 700 dives on our Zeagle BCs and regs, and with every dive we love them even more!

I agree that for warmer water diving the Stiletto is the better choice. Remember you can get mix and match fitting, for example I use a large waist part and medium shoulder part.

Adam

Also take a look at the Brigade it's a mix hybrid model. They only sell them at scubatoys though. I got one of them and love it.

+1 for the Stiletto, unless you plan on cold water diving with heavy rubber. You'll be happier with the 35lb. wing in Florida.

+1 for the stiletto, I really like mine. Little less pocket room, but the smaller size really makes up for it. I dive in northern CA, I have to make sure I'm not overweight, but in florida you really don't need that big wing. If you want the pockets go with the brigade.

Anyone ever add pockets to the stiletto? I know Zeagle makes pockets/pouches.

I've not needed more room in my stiletto, but I'm still a new diver. I expect as time goes on I'll add more stuff to carry, but I really like to have only the necessities.

The interesting thing I noticed is that the Brigade is priced a couple of hundred dollars less than the Stiletto, making it a bargain.

Adam

Thanks for all the advice! I went and tried both of them and for me the Ranger fit better and was more comfortable. I looked into the brigade and it seems to be a very good deal. I probably would have bought it, but I got a package through leisurepro that included the ranger and the Flathead Lt regulator for under 900 and scubatoys didn't have any packages like that with the brigade. If the 44lb wing is to much I will eventually swap it out for the 35lb one.. Hopefully I wont be posting about them in the "what did you buy that you regret thread":wink:

Back
Top Bottom