What gear do you travel with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Malpaso

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
As I will likely do as much if not more diving while traveling (especially to warmer water), I want to get gear that I will use the most often. So what gear travels, and what stays at home and gets rented on trips? I have mask, snorkel, fins, gloves and regulator/gauges so far.

For me, everything besides tanks and weights. I bring my mask, fins, regs, gauges, bc (bp/w), lights, wetsuits, gadgets, gizmos, etc. and everything else. I only have gear for a single tank rig, so I don't know what happens when doubles and more 'tech' stuff is required... but I'm assuming you just bring less clothes, lol.

All of my warm water gear including a 3 mil suit comes with me in carry on. BPW or Zeagle Express tech, reg, mask, computer, boots, and fins. I strap the fins to the outside of the roller backpack that everything else goes in. Clothes go in personal bag or checked bag. I can buy t shirts and a few pairs of shorts at any dive destination for 30 or 40 bucks and just leave em or toss em at the end of the week. When I went to Monterey I even took the drysuit. One needs to have their priorities in order. And on a dive vacation dive gear is 1st. Everything else is extra BS that you might need, so most of it is expendable.

Everything I need for the dives to be conducted, except for tanks and weights.

For general (non-tech/deco/wreck) tropical/warm-water diving, this includes:

Scubapro MK25T and S600T, w/ longhose, bungeed AAS and custom-length LPI and HP hoses.
Oxycheq 18lb MachV wing with Halcyon aluminium backplate and hog harness
Force Fins Pro
X-shorts and rash guard
Cressi Big Eyes Mask (x2)
Suunto Vyper computer, in DSS boot
Lightweight booties
DSMB
50m Spool + double-ender boltsnap
AAA LED Torch
Sony T20 Camera, underwater housing, charger and spare memory cards.

The list gets far longer if I'm planning anything beyond a simple open-water splash-around.

Full dive gear except tanks and weights. I wash clothes after diving to avoid excess baggage. Priorities! A female diver told me 18kg. dive gear 2kg. clothes (20kg. airline allowance), she said her boyfriend was soft 16kg. dive gear 4kg. clothes.

Unless there's an airplane involved, I take everything. If there is, I take everything but lead and tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here - only use their tanks and lead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom