diving bali end of march

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lynnemari

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hi we have never dove this part of the world and are considering a trip end of march to first week april. I read it is rainy season. Is this not a good time to dive there it would be a very very long way to go for us, and would hate to be dissapointed. Since we are willing to travel that far, is there a better place to go that time of the year. we are traveling from florida. ( through a time share ) but have options for other places

thanks
Lynne

Just remember that it is Nyepi day on 23rd March 2012, so you will not be allowed to travel/dive/leave your hotel on this date. Maybe try to arrive on Bali after Nyepi.

Rainy season doesn't really affect the diving; we dive every day (apart from Nyepi day!), the rain can affect the visibility on some dive sites, due to river run-off, but we can always dive somewhere!

It is great to dive in April, sometimes a rain, but not so many anymore. The weather is much better...

I prefer the rainy season in Bali. I visited in early March and had the Liberty wreck all to myself on a few dives, and almost always dived the reef in front of my hotel, the Mimpi Tulamben, without encountering other divers. The seas were perfectly calm, and I didn't even get much rain.

We dove Tulamben last April (Apr.5-17). Some on and off rain the first few days, mostly sunny after that. Water temps were 81-82F down to 90' or so. Viz never changed much. Of course it's nicer to dive with the sun out but we are talking warm tropical rain, if you do run into any (and Tulamben does get typically drier weather than much of the rest of Bali). Go, it will be wonderful. // ww

Do you have to stay in a timeshare? If so, what part of Bali is it at?

Hi, if you come to Nusa Lembongan (south of Bali) march is a good season, can be rainy but usually it does not last all the day. Visibility is always good as there are virtually no rivers. And if you are lucky you can see fist Mola mola (oceanic sunfish) coming, avoiding the crowdy season...

Back
Top Bottom