Small trip report: Ambon-Lembeh-Bali+pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kimi666

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I did a fantastic 2 month divetrip to Indonesia few months ago. First i flew from Bali to Ambon with Lion Air. Flights (2 stops) were on time.
I dived with Maluku Divers, but i stayed in homestay 5 mins from MD resort. MD diving is not budget, but they have great service and friendly staff. I had my first UW camera with me and i got good tips from staff and fellow divers how to use it. I did only muck diving, it was superb!

From Ambon i took Lion flight to Manado. Two Fish Divers staff picked me up from airport and we drove to Bitung and catch their boat to Lembeh island. 2FD is budget resort. Diving was great, food is good and prices are low.

After Lembeh i went back to Bali, again with Lion Air. In Bali i dived in these places: Tulamben, Amed, Seraya, Secret Bay, Puri Jati and Menjangan island. For Tulamben, Amed and Seraya dives Dive Concepts was my choice. Very low budget op, but ok for me. Secret Bay and Menjangan dive op was Global Dive and for PJ Spice Dive.

I did total 60 dives altogether, mostly muck diving. Trip went very smoothly, all Indo flights were on time. Only my Singapore-Helsinki flight was canceled, but i got Singapore-Tokyo-Helsinki after few hours of waiting at airport. Bali to Singapore was with Garuda. And before Indonesia had 2 lovely weeks in Thailand, but no diving there.

So overall a great trip!

Flickr Photos!

Beautiful shots! What were the currents like?

Maluku Divers and Two Fish are great operations. Glad you made it to Puri Jati..fantastic dive site that I can't believe more people don't visit when in Bali

TWO MONTHS!!! You gotta be kidding me!!! Man am I jealous!! And all thos Rhino's and great little critters... you really are a lucky #*$!
Some really good shots considering its your first trip with a camera. What camera set-up were you using?

Glad you made it to Puri Jati..fantastic dive site that I can't believe more people don't visit when in Bali
Unfortunately, there are not any dive ops that propose this site. Most of Pemuteran DCs claim it is of no interest to their customers (while they regularly schedule dives to Secret bay).

Unfortunately, there are not any dive ops that propose this site. Most of Pemuteran DCs claim it is of no interest to their customers (while they regularly schedule dives to Secret bay).

I'd only originally heard about it through the dive op I usually dive when I'm in Bali (Blue Season Bali), and last time I was up there they'd opened up another location onsite at the Zen Hotel, right up the hill from PJ. It's too bad it's not talked up more, I like it a lot better than Secret Bay.

Wonderful photos - thanks for sharing. Too bad you didn't see anything interesting! :)

Thanks for the pointer to Puri Jati. I know 'Puri' is gold, what is Jati ?

Is this where the big pearl farm is? If so, any blowback from the owners about diving there?

I'll be sure to dive there next time I'm back in paradise.

Back
Top Bottom