Suunto DM4 Won't Install on Windows 7?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

archiebald

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I know about all the hate for DM4 here but I wanted to try it for myself before possibly buying a Suunto computer.

I downloaded the setup file from the Movescount web page and during installing I get an error saying

"...GTKSharp\gtk-sharp-2.12.10.winn32.msi has changed since it was initially published. Click OK to retry..."

Retrying does nothing, I am at a dead end.

This has now occurred on two separate Win 7 computers.

Anyone else had this problem?

Yes my wife did and still does. I installed it on my Vista machine without issues, but with her Win 7 system, it gets the same issue. It looks to me to be an install file ( meaning it is installed from the installation package) and not something that would normally be on the pc.

She has posted the issue on SUUNTO tech support website.. it said could be 72 hours, and who knows when after that we will get an answer.

Thanks for the info. I will wait a while.

By the way I forgot to mention that my Win 7 is 64 bit in both cases.

I did not look at that at all. I am pretty sure she is probably running 32 bit, it is just a entry level laptop. But if i find out anything I will post here and pm you, that way I know you will get it

I'm an expert in installers. If you want to get a copy of that installer to me I can examine it and see if I can come up with a work around.

Dont really have an installer, I got it online

suunto dm4, when it starts to install the second install file, it stops working and says it is missing the file. Which it's path being the start c://my wifes name/xxxxxxxx

Much appreciated if you can figure it out. I have it on my Vista without issue, other than having to download every driver. I even needed a usb com port driver lol

What's the link you downloaded from? the "....msi" file you mention is an installer. Although it's for a chat program which is odd.

That msi file is supposed to be downloaded into a temporary (hidden) folder during the installation process. However, if I unhide folders and navigate there, nothing is in the folder.

Seems to be that the file is downloaded into RAM memory then a check is being made. Because the file fails the check then it never gets written to the folder.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom