Heinrichs Weikamp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've installed multideco on a dr5 for a friend and did a few dives, what do you want to know.

Anything, I know nothing about the company i.e. quality of products, customer service etc I have been looking at Liquivision but came across HW and like the look of their Frog for rec diving. Was just wanting some general info about them. Here in Japan no one has heard of them, not surprisingly I guess. Thanks.

Well I haven't seen the Frog, but like I said I've used the dr5.

The quality is very good and it's a very powerful computer (maybe to much for diving).

I've installed the same software on the x1 and Dr5 I really love the X1.

Both are tek oriented computers so if you're looking for a rec computer then maybe the Frog is better.

I've had nothing but excellent customer service from Liquivision.

I have the OSTC 2N. It is a brilliant computer, cheap considering it is full Trimix and closed circuit. The software is regularly updated with added features. I have not seen the Frog, but reading the manual and knowing the quality of the OSTC 2N, I think it is probably the best non-tech computer available.

You can safely order via the link on their web site. Great service, although the delivery from Germany to Australia was a lot slower than I expected as it appears the DHL delivery is actually via normal post. Any questions, post here.

I have the OSTC 2N. It is a brilliant computer, cheap considering it is full Trimix and closed circuit. The software is regularly updated with added features. I have not seen the Frog, but reading the manual and knowing the quality of the OSTC 2N, I think it is probably the best non-tech computer available.

You can safely order via the link on their web site. Great service, although the delivery from Germany to Australia was a lot slower than I expected as it appears the DHL delivery is actually via normal post. Any questions, post here.

Hi Michael, thanks for your reply. I've been looking at Liquivision but their customer service seems sketchy so was quite interested when I came accross HW, think I might just go ahead and order one. I did send them an email 4 days ago but as yet haven't received a reply I'm hoping that's not a bad omen lol... Thanks again.

a lot of OSTC MK2 or 2N used in Europa for trimix diving.
my primary computer.
around 10 of them in my circle

a lot of OSTC MK2 or 2N used in Europa for trimix diving.
my primary computer.
around 10 of them in my circle

I've done some reading around some European diving forums and HW seem to have a good reputation both for qaulity of product and customer service. I wonder why they don't seem so popular/known outside of the EU, marketing? the prices certainly seem attractive.

I now use one for Trimix, it's a beautiful bit of kit, O led output bright as day, clear as a pin, open source, drop down menus, everything you could ever want. But I bought one so I could be considered biased

I've done some reading around some European diving forums and HW seem to have a good reputation both for qaulity of product and customer service. I wonder why they don't seem so popular/known outside of the EU, marketing? the prices certainly seem attractive.
HW doesn't sell in USA, probably because there are too many lawyers and HW is a small company who cannot manage a lot of dealers.
They don't advertise at all.
Another aspect : the OSTC MKII/2N is an "open" computer. You can change a lot of settings, but you NEED to know why, so you have to be fully competent in decompression procedures (gradient factors and Bulhmann).
Default settings are OK, of course.

I'm actually afraid.
Beginners want to buy OSTC, but they don't know decompression procedures.
These beginners asked to have NDL and safety stops on the OSTC. :shakehead: (a trimix computer ! )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom