Now that's a suit!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... Buzz Lightyear meets the Pillsbury Dough Boy ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Give it another 100 years and this will be a PADI specialty class :wink:

Deep sea exploration is fascinating. It does bum me out that they shine extremely powerful lights onto species with eyes that evolved for the pitch darkness, often resulting in permanent blindness, though.

This is pretty cool on a local level as Phil Nuytten lives and operates Nuytco/Candive on the North shore here. He is a living legend in the sense of having been one of the pioneers of British Columbia diving and a part of so much of the innovation of deep sea diving through the 60's to present. He also created the original Newtsuit and the Deepworker series of mini sub used to train NASA astronauts for work on Mars. At the Vancouver Boat Show this year they were displaying ADS's and his newest idea, flying subs: Nuytco designs 'flying' submarine - News - North Shore News

That tether to the surface is most certainly NOT.......
DIR.

Just sayin'.

Chug
Wants one of those Buzz-Robbie suits.

Obviously not DIR compliant.

N

it is designed for pilots not divers anyway :wink: so there is no need to be DIR

This is pretty cool on a local level as Phil Nuytten lives and operates Nuytco/Candive on the North shore here. He is a living legend in the sense of having been one of the pioneers of British Columbia diving and a part of so much of the innovation of deep sea diving through the 60's to present. He also created the original Newtsuit and the Deepworker series of mini sub used to train NASA astronauts for work on Mars. At the Vancouver Boat Show this year they were displaying ADS's and his newest idea, flying subs: Nuytco designs 'flying' submarine - News - North Shore News

I'm surprised that the article never actually mentions that this is Phil Nuytten's invention or the history of the development of the suit itself. A tiny "Nuytco" title on the photo doesn't really help matters.

The first time I met Phil was at Underwater Canada many moons ago in Toronto. Subsequently, I had seen him a few times at DEMA (really wasn't a good venue for him). Regardless, he his a national treasure and I would love to see him again!

Back
Top Bottom