Wife will not let me dive without a dive master..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mscdex

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey all!

So my wife, friend and I were OW certified last year and i have gone on 4 dives since my checkouts. For some reason she has it in her head that something will happen to me so she refuses to let me dive in the local quarrys without a dive master. Even though I will be diving with a buddy. Have any of you dealt with this? Any tips?

Are your possible buddies all OW divers? Maybe she'd settle for a Rescue diver...

Man, you're your own person. I realize that there will be fallout afterwards, but sometimes you just gotta do what makes you happy. I think she'll probably get over it in time and a few months down the road it won't be a big deal at all.

Get in some dives, then get an advanced certification.

Do some specialty classes like buoyancy control and deep diving.

I highly recommend at least getting to rescue diver.

Keep you knowledge level ahead of the diving you like to do. Your wife will worry less and you'll be a better buddy.

Does the shop you got certified from have trips to the quarry? Maybe you can go with them.

Or, schedule a live aboard trip to the Caribbean. All live aboards have DMs.

Seriously as a new diver it is always helpful to go with others that are experienced. You will learn more that way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grow a set ..... Please.... You need to tell her " F@#K YOU BABY, I'm going diving.... Like or not.... I have been married for 33 years... To the same girl... She learned before we even married that Crap like that was not going to work... She does what she likes and I say " NOTHING " She's a big girl with a big girl THONG.... Life is to short for GAMES.... :wink:NEED to add.... She is 52 and looks 35 and wears a size 6 thong " SMALL " :shocked2:
Jim...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom