My latest purchase....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pjhansman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Bought a new SPG from DGX and selected the "kit" with the HP hose already attached.

These are the warning labels on the braided hose. I'm hoping this isn't an indication of the quality of the hose.

Good thing its not hooked to anything important, like a high pressure port off my primary air supply.....:shakehead:

photo (2).jpgphoto.jpg

It's saying don't get anything inside of it and don't try to use it as a fill whip. If you look at the HP port of your first stage, the hole is tiny. This hose just isn't meant for high volume. To give you an idea, if a HP hose burst, it would take 22 minutes for an Al 80 to empty while it would take less than 90 seconds if a LP hose burst.

Life Ending Seconds • ADVANCED DIVER MAGAZINE • By Curt Bowen

can you say liability protection. All they are doing is protecting them selves from the strange things that people do and then say you never told me not to , I have 5 reg sets and everyone of them have the same hoses on HP and LP points and I love them

I actually posted this to provide a little humor. Did any one of you besides Doc actually read the warning labels?

The fact is, I didn't really want an HP braided hose to start with, but thats my fault for not checking. And were I to get braided hose it would have been Miflex. And judging by the language on the labels, I'd say its a pretty good guess this particular hose is not Miflex.

And the fact that if it fails it drains my tank "slowly" is not the issue. I'm willing to pay to make sure I don't lose dives because of crap equipment. I'll be replacing this hose with an standard HP rubber hose that, coincidentally, has double the bursting pressure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom