is this a decent depth gauge?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am basically just curious if you guys think it is a good product? Or should I get something else?

LakeMountD:
I am basically just curious if you guys think it is a good product? Or should I get something else?

I own the 150' model, I use it as a backup to my dive computer...

The console is great to my mind but the compass sucks. I'd suggest Suunto. They are expensive but if you dive with one you'll know where that money went.

What setup are you diving???? Do you have a computor???

I see no problem with any of it.
The depth gauge looks identical to my oceanic, the pressure gauge looks just like my oceanic, and the compass looks just like my oceanic. I personally think needing 100 psi increments is un-necessary (it might be handy-I don't know for what, but certainly not necessary).

I don't have a setup yet. I am currently in the process of getting equipment though. I picked this up cheap so I figured it was worth getting from the person who was selling it.

And yes I have the 3 guage pod.

gfisher4792:
Did you get the whole console, or just the depth gauge? If it's just the depth gauge, nothing wrong with it.

If you got the whole console, and that's the example of the pressure gauge, I would recommend getting one that can read in 100 psi increments. For example: http://www.diveriteexpress.com/regs/img/rg2759lg.jpg

The gauge in the picture looks like it has 200 psi increments. Am I missing something? Does the acclaimed Suunto have 100 increments? How would it be possible to fit 100 psi increments in such a small instrument (tells u 50 dives not enough to remember what the heck I had in my -rental- gauges for all that time).

Back
Top Bottom