Spegial Grove Blueprints? Advance planning for penetrating The Grove.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mtsidford

Reaction score
Recently, I read "Shadow Divers" a wonderful book that I highly suggest, and I learned a few things about safety and proper wreck diving. First, planning ahead and having a good understanding of the interior before diving could save your life. A few friends and I have booked a trip to the Spegial Grove during late December. We intend on penetrating the wreck but would like to purchase skematics of its interior so our dive can be as safe as possible. If you have any suggestions as to how I can obtain/purchase blueprints to it's interior I would really appreciate it. Thank you, Gloucester MA, Lobsta Diver. Sid

Are you trained for wreck penetration or diving in an overhead environment?

Wendy:
Are you trained for wreck penetration or diving in an overhead environment?

I think Wendy's point here is there is no substitute for good training since the blueprints tend to get soggy during the dive :eyebrow:

mtsidford:
Recently, I read "Shadow Divers" a wonderful book that I highly suggest, and I learned a few things about safety and proper wreck diving. First, planning ahead and having a good understanding of the interior before diving could save your life. A few friends and I have booked a trip to the Spegial Grove during late December. We intend on penetrating the wreck but would like to purchase skematics of its interior so our dive can be as safe as possible. If you have any suggestions as to how I can obtain/purchase blueprints to it's interior I would really appreciate it. Thank you, Gloucester MA, Lobsta Diver. Sid

No offense, but why is this in the DIR forum? I liked "Shadow Divers" as well, but the stuff they do in that book could not be more non-DIR: solo diving, deep dives on air, etc, etc. If you have any seen DEeep Sea Detectives you know that Chatterton is not DIR.

Going into a shipwreck without cave traininging isn't DIR either and since you only a year of diving, I'm going to guess that you don't. BTW, do you dive doubles?

NE divers already have such a bet reputation, please don't be the first one to die inside the Groove.

MASS-Diver:
No offense, but why is this in the DIR forum? I liked "Shadow Divers" as well, but the stuff they do in that book could not be more non-DIR: solo diving, deep dives on air, etc, etc. If you have any seen DEeep Sea Detectives you know that Chatterton is not DIR.

Going into a shipwreck without cave traininging isn't DIR either and since you only a year of diving, I'm going to guess that you don't. BTW, do you dive doubles?

NE divers already have such a bet reputation, please don't be the first one to die inside the Groove.

If I were going to attempt a dangerous new diving situation, I would probably post here as well, even if the dive might not be DIR.

Reason is that DIR divers think about diving differently than other divers, and I would appreciate that input.

Xanthro

Xanthro:
If I were going to attempt a dangerous new diving situation, I would probably post here as well, even if the dive might not be DIR.

Reason is that DIR divers think about diving differently than other divers, and I would appreciate that input.

Xanthro

If it's it not a DIR dive, then the only feedback you are get in this forum is a big ol' Option 1.

For example, if I decide to post here that I'm thinking about heading down to FL to sneak into the eagle's the nest even though I don't have a cave or a mix card, and I want to know if someone has some plans to the cave, what do think the answer would be?

The only advice anyone should be giving to people about overhead environments is to stay out if they don't have the training.

MASS-Diver:
For example, if I decide to post here that I'm thinking about heading down to FL to sneak into the eagle's the nest even though I don't have a cave or a mix card, and I want to know if someone has some plans to the cave, what do think the answer would be?

Hmm. I ain't anywhere close to qualified to dive Eagles Nest. But I do have the maps. :)

Spectre:
Hmm. I ain't anywhere close to qualified to dive Eagles Nest. But I do have the maps. :)

Well, in your case Jeff, you know some people that have a bit of experience cave diving :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom