Dive Site?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BBB

Reaction score
Anybody ever been to Himalaya Bay? It`s in between Kino and San Carlos. It`s suppose to be a remote camping and beach diving spot.

BBB:
Anybody ever been to Himalaya Bay? It`s in between Kino and San Carlos. It`s suppose to be a remote camping and beach diving spot.

We've been there a few times. In fact, we got certified there. It is remote, about 15 miles of dirt farm roads. You don't need a 4x4, but you do need a high clearance vehicle, ie truck. Wouldn't recommend going down there without one of the shops that runs dives out of there. The Dive Shop in Tucson is the only local shop that goes there and they go quite a bit, at least every two weeks from March through May and September through October. They have compressors on the beach with unlimited shore diving. They have a cook shack and supply meals. They also have flushing toilets and a shower (you supply the water). You can get down to about 40 feet shore access and see some rock reefs and lots of fish, rays, octopus, and an occasional eel. They also run inflatables out to some dive sites within about 15 minutes of the beach. You can actually get some depth at a couple of those sites. The Dive Shop uses it mainly as a training site. Like I said, we got certified there. We also did AOW, Rescue, and DM there. It's not a bad place to get in a weekend of diving. They charge $199 a weekend. That includes air and food. They also caravan down there so no one gets lost. We'll be down there this weekend DM'ing, but the trip is already full. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to answer them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom