Trouble reaching the switch on my Can Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CALI68

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi, I have a Helios 9 18 W and I have it in the proper position at the back of the plate. The problem is that when I'm all geared up I can't reach the togle switch to turn it on or off unless I really REALLY contort. Not good. any suggestions? So far some Guy told me to mount it upside down but I doubted it that was DIR. The obvious answer is to move it forward but if I do that it will screw up the placement of my ACB 12's. I have gone through every scenario of weight placement for trim and currently those are helping so I don't want to get rid of them and go back to a belt. I have also tried the weighted STA and that didn't help either so again I'd like to keep the ACB's. For reference I have the newer style with the tri-glide.

Thanks!
-Chris

There was a posting I saw on the board of a guy who used bungee to connect to the ACB buckle, in a way that was releasable. Might not be DIR, but you can have a look. Maybe a search or another member can refer you to it...

Yea, I remember that post too but like you said it may not be DIR. I'm taking DIR F in January so I want everything right ya know? I also remember GratefulDiver saying he had this problem and he used another buckle at the plate but again the ACB comes into play.

CALI68:
Hi, I have a Helios 9 18 W and I have it in the proper position at the back of the plate. The problem is that when I'm all geared up I can't reach the togle switch to turn it on or off unless I really REALLY contort. Not good. any suggestions? So far some Guy told me to mount it upside down but I doubted it that was DIR. The obvious answer is to move it forward but if I do that it will screw up the placement of my ACB 12's. I have gone through every scenario of weight placement for trim and currently those are helping so I don't want to get rid of them and go back to a belt. I have also tried the weighted STA and that didn't help either so again I'd like to keep the ACB's. For reference I have the newer style with the tri-glide.

Thanks!
-Chris

What type of suit are you wearing?

CALI68:

Thanks!
-Chris

The Bungeeroo has it on the outside, at the back of the ACB. Maybe not the best method, but the best I've found so far.

And for a long time it was tough to reach. I finally got the muscle memory and flexibility to reach it. However, sometimes when I can't get a grip, I pull the cord forward (not yank it...) and it sort of pivots forward - enough for me to switch it on and off.

K

Lane Zimmer:
What type of suit are you wearing?

TLS 350 / Andy's ST1000 Undergarments. Very flexable "outfit"

Mo2vation:
The Bungeeroo has it on the outside, at the back of the ACB. Maybe not the best method, but the best I've found so far.

And for a long time it was tough to reach. I finally got the muscle memory and flexibility to reach it. However, sometimes when I can't get a grip, I pull the cord forward (not yank it...) and it sort of pivots forward - enough for me to switch it on and off.

K

Thanks Ken! I have the newer ACB so the Bungeroo won't work. I'll try the gentles tug/tilt method that sounds like it may work. More importantly...how the bionic leg doing?

Lane Zimmer:
Are you butt-light with this setup? I'm just trying to understand the need for the ACB pockets.

Oh ok I got it now. I use 18lbs. 6lb plate, two of the smallest ACB pockets (ACB12) one with a 5 ponder in it and the other with a 3 pounder in it next to the light. The light is roughly 2.5 pounds and my Jets are 2lbs Negative.

18lbs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom