Oceanic VT Pro Vs. Atom 1.0???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Austin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
If someone could get both for the same price, around $625, which would you get? Assuming you weren't going to go into tech for at least 1 1/2 years. Are the digits harder to see on the Atom 1 and doesn't the fact that you have to change screens to see air pressure get annoying? Just wondering, thanks!!!

Personally, I would get the atom - you can wear it like a wristwatch on the airplane without additional "attention". Why would you were it? So it doesn't get crushed in your bag or stolen from your luggage.

I got my Atom in May and have about 50 dives on it, I love it! I have hear that some of the first ones had some flooding problems but I have had 20 to 25 dive at 120 to 150 or a bit deeper and have had no problems. I whole changing screens thing is a bit over done, I only check my air about every 5-min, not a big deal. If you go more that that the screen will prompt you to look at air.

At the end of the dive the screen will flash the most important info for you and it is only one bottom away at any time, what’s the big deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Easy to read as well, thought it might be a bit small but very easy to see.

JB

I have both an Atom and VT Pro. They both retail for about the same price so money won't be the deciding factor.
The screen on the VT is MUCH easier to read and you can read your air without pushing a button.
The screen on the Atom is smaller but even with my old eyes I am able to read it and I agree that pushing the button to get your air pres. isn't any real inconvienence.
The Atom will do a lot more but if you don't need it than go with the easier reading VT
If you like the smallness of the Atom go with it.
It really comes down to size.-M

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom