Fin Choices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darylm74

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok, will start with my little spill that no I'm not DIR, not sure when I'll get around to taking the Fundy's class but slowly working to purchasing DIR style equipment so when the time comes, I don't have to drop a wad full of cash to get everything I need all at once. With that said.....

Are there other fin choices other than the Jet Fins, Turtles or Rockets? I am just curious if these are the only DIR fins available or if there are others. I think I saw some old VOIT fins out there on E-bay that resemble the other 3. I want to purchase some DIR style fins and see how they work for me.

Thanks

Daryl

Jon's joking aside, there is a reason the Jets have been around since what, the 50s...And Turtles are almost a carbon copy of the Jets with bigger foot pockets for drysuit boots.

IMHO, Jets are the only way to go. They're inexpensive too compared to all the splits out there.

i did dirf last year on the first day a few people used different fins mares or something but when watching the video u could see jets are much more suited for the kicks especially frog kick. Second day everyone used jets

Low on cash....quadtro...get the jets.

I use a set of Mares right now which I like. They are pretty basic fins though, not split or anything. I will look into getting some of the Jets. I only know one place that sells them around here (and I vowed not to step foot, or fin, in that shop again) so was wondering I wear an 11 1/2. Would that require an XL fin? I figured I'd order some.

....just a side note, I have a Viking Xtreme right now but I just ordered a TLS350 with size 12 Rock Boots.

You will probably have to use turtles w/rock boots.
When you get your boots stop at a shop that carries em and try a pair on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom