• 48 to 57

Votes: 69 24.7%
  • 58 to 67

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • Even older!

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tee_jay

Registered
Reaction score
I've noticed that there don't seem to be too many other divers here around my age [18]. Now, don't get me wrong I enjoy talking to you more experienced guys as well, but I was just wondering what the average sort of age here was. Are there any other youngins? I've made it a poll, so if you don't want to share it with the whole world you can do it privately.

Vote away!

I think you may find it has alot to do with the cost of scuba overall. It took me a few years to work my way into a job where I could afford a hobby like this. I know quite a few people around your age who would do scuba in a heartbeat if they had the cheese.

Wilson:
I think you may find it has alot to do with the cost of scuba overall. It took me a few years to work my way into a job where I could afford a hobby like this. I know quite a few people around your age who would do scuba in a heartbeat if they had the cheese.

That's true. It's already been a bit of a barrier to me, and sometime in the forseeable future I am going to have to cut down on the amount of dives I do with rental gear, so that I can save up money for my own equipment.

I'm 14 and have been diving for about a year. To help cover the cost I have been able to do some jobs in the lake for people, like pulling seaweed or retreiving sunglasses. Its easy and pays better than other jobs like mowing lawns and you get to dive.

I'm 31...I got certified at 19.

Cost is a big factor. My younger brother (ten years younger) who is certified and loves to dive just can't afford to dive as often as I do. He outgrew his wetsuit for cold water and hasn't been able to scrape enough money to buy a new one at this time. He's not finished with school yet and doesn't have an established carrer to have any extra cash flowing in to blow on scuba at this time.

Jeremy

Wilson:
I agree with the volleyball on this one.

17 here, and one of the coolest bands I know is from Australia. Forgot exactly what part....mooloolah I believe is the town. www.jael.com.au They came to the states for a tour and spent a few days at my house. great bunch of mates!

I'm 28 and don't like being grouped in to "28-37"!:no I'm still a youngin....aren't I? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom