Belize temps and NJ dive shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mudchick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Husband and I are going to Belize in late Dec. early Jan and don't know what to expect. Which wetsuit would you recommend 3mm or 7mm?

On a different note I may be going to Morristown, New Jersey in August '07 and thought about trying to get some diving in. Can anyone recommend shops or trips at the coast?

Thanks,
Mudchick

mudchick:
On a different note I may be going to Morristown, New Jersey in August '07 and thought about trying to get some diving in. Can anyone recommend shops or trips at the coast?

www.gypsyblooddive.com

Biggest, fastest, dare I say BEST dive boat in NJ. Just moved it to Brielle, which puts it about an hour from Morristown.

025_3.JPG

The 2007 schedule isn't up on the web yet as it's just now being put together, but goes out every Saturday and Sunday for sure and several times during the week in the summer.

Book on-line if it's an open baot, or through whatever shop the charter.

Sign up to receive updates and you'll get an email when the schedule gets posted. If you need a buddy when you get here, let me know. I'll either be crew or a passenger depending on the date and what shop they're going out with.

Ray

Belize water temps will be in the 78 to 82 degree range and air temps will be in the 80's. 3 mm suit is appropriate. Many of the locals swim with no protection. 7 mm is way too much. You might carry a hood or a shorty if you are cold natured and need to add a little protection. Have fun. I will be in Belize at the same time and am looking forward to the great diving.

We were on the Nekton Pilot at Christmas last year. The water temp was 78-79 degrees. I wore my 5mm full suit, my husband his 3mm full for 4 dives a day.

We were on Ambergris in mid-November. Water temp 83 degrees from top to bottom. Didn't need exposure protection. May be a little cooler when you will be there. 3mm full suit should be fine.

A 1 mil. full suit is a good option in Belize if you are not comfortable with a shorty.

RJP:
www.gypsyblooddive.com

Biggest, fastest, dare I say BEST dive boat in NJ. Just moved it to Brielle, which puts it about an hour from Morristown.

025_3.JPG

The 2007 schedule isn't up on the web yet as it's just now being put together, but goes out every Saturday and Sunday for sure and several times during the week in the summer.

Book on-line if it's an open baot, or through whatever shop the charter.

Sign up to receive updates and you'll get an email when the schedule gets posted. If you need a buddy when you get here, let me know. I'll either be crew or a passenger depending on the date and what shop they're going out with.

Ray
will it be running for2007??..I have seen it up for sale on a commercial boat sale listing..

I just returned from Belize on the Aggressor. Water temps ranged from 85 to 82 degrees F, mostly on the high side.

I took a 3mm Goldcore full suit, beanie, 3mm full hood and a 3mm core warmer.

I always wore the 3mm full.

Diving at a rate of 5 dives per day, by midweek I was wearing my beanie on every dive, hood on night dives and added the core warmer on the last day.

Mind you, I am world-renowned for getting cold, and was heard to bemoan that I did not take a drysuit on our last trip on the Kona Aggressor.

All the best, James

oly5050user:
will it be running for2007??..I have seen it up for sale on a commercial boat sale listing..

I've been fortunate to be part of various conversations with all of the interested parties, and without providing more information than I am at liberty to disclose, I can assure you that regardless of owner, the Gypsy Blood will be running in 2007 and that it will be running out of Brielle.

• If the sale does not go through, the current owner will continue to operate the boat in 2007, out of Brielle.
  • If the sales does go through, the prospective owner will operate the boat out of Brielle in 2007.

All parties involved are committed to maintaining Gypsy Blood's position as the premiere dive boat in the state of NJ.

Back
Top Bottom