Cell Phone Dive Log App?

What PDA Phone do you have and would you like a phone app to log dives?

• Owner of an Iphone & Would Like a Logging App

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Owner of a Blackberry & Would Like a Logging App

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Owner of a G1 and would like a Logging App

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This is Totally useless.

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I know that many people(including myself) have forgetten thier logs before leaving on vacation etc. leading to many dives being left unlogged..
I was just wondering if anyone uses any cellphone apps to log thier dives in a pda or PDA cell phone?

Do you usually tkae your phone with you to the beach or on the dive boat?
Which phones have you found most usefull for this?

If owned a phone that had that capability, i'd use it. Waiting to get an Iphone.

I know that many people(including myself) have forgetten thier logs before leaving on vacation etc. leading to many dives being left unlogged..
I would think that, having left their dive log at home, most people who are sophisticated enough to own a fancy PDA-phone could manage to come up with a pencil and paper to write down their logs.

That said - if you write an app for this purpose, please write it in Java, make it open source, and let people run it on whatever device they want.

I'd like an app for my Q, but I'm not willing to pay alot for it since it would be just a toy.

As ND says, if I forget my log, I can always take notes...

I was thinking about writing one for the iPhone and having it sync up to a website. If there is enough interest, maybe i'll pursue it.

with all that being said....a log book is just a piece of paper that has a special format on it. if you know all the key piece of information what says that you can just jot it down on a piece of paper in a hotel or heck even on the back of a receipt....and then transfer it later.

I would like to see a Dive Log for a Verizon Droid. I have been looking to see if anyone has had one but no luck.

You're going to get a lot of 'totally useless' votes from folks, my self included, who don't log dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom