Grand Cayman Trip Report May 18-25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chi-Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My sister and I spent a week diving with Epic Divers and it was fantastic. We found them based on previous Scuba Board reviews, and they met every expectation. Freddy, Jaxx, and Kaitlyn were friendly, personable, but yet, professional. They were extremely conscientious about the weather and current conditions, ensuring we had the best dive possible. The boat is well equipped and spacious. They provide water, snacks, and free hotel pickup. They will rinse and store your equipment at night, set it up for you in the morning, and switch it between dives.

The typical dive plan is to guide you around the site for about 30-40 minutes, then return you under the boat to explore with your buddy until you are ready to surface. This is great for those divers that are a little more conservative on air – we were regularly getting dives around 60+ minutes. They also hang a hookah reg off the boat at the safety stop level of 15 feet – in case you have trouble with your buoyancy or need a little extra air to finish your safety stop.

There is a great variety of dive sites (reef, wall, swim-thrus) and even a couple of wrecks. Definitely explore the Kittewake! Cool air pockets and mirrors in the head – one of the few places in the world you can see yourself diving! The coral is extremely healthy and there is an assortment of marine life, from big to macro.

Thanks for the review. Always nice to hear positive comments about a dive op. I'll add them to my + list.

Were they able to get you up to the north wall or was it too rough?

Too rough for the North Wall. Hoping to get there on the next trip whenever that happens. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom