What hoseless, air integrated wrist mount computer do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JTDivers

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello All,

Was wondering what type of hose-less air integrated wrist mount dive computer do you use or have used? Been looking around and have been saving my pennies with the Suunto D9 in mind, however I know that this is only one of a long list of different ones available in the dive market. I am looking for feed back, good and bad on the different wrist computers that all of you have experienced.

I recently went through the same thing. I ended up getting a Suunto Vytec DS with wireless transmitter. I wanted a "larger" computer and not a fashion statement (D9, D6 etc). Another I was seriously considering was the Oceanic VT3.

I have the Oceanic VT3 - got a very good deal from the guys at Scuba toys. Like mangrovejack, i wanted a big screen that I could actually see underwater - wasn't too fussed about wearing it as a watch on the surface.

I'd love to be able to get a bungee mount for it though - anyone know where I can get one?

I have the Oceanic VT3 - got a very good deal from the guys at Scuba toys. Like mangrovejack, i wanted a big screen that I could actually see underwater - wasn't too fussed about wearing it as a watch on the surface.

I'd love to be able to get a bungee mount for it though - anyone know where I can get one?

should be able to get a retractor mount for it complete with a compass from a oceanic dealer.

I use the D9 but also a Cobra with a hose since I do a lot of solo. The D9 has worked flawlessly for me.

As an "almost" DIR diver, I love having my Vytec DS (in a DSS bungied boot) on my right hand and my Cobra clipped to my left D-ring. Both are in gauge mode! I've had a problem with the Vytec a couple of times when it failed to sync after turning off the valve and turning it on again. (I haven't looked at the manual to solve the issue because it has been rare!)

This is EXACTLY the feedback I am looking for. I am a "watch" type of a guy, however I was also concerned at the smaller screen of the watch type and the true ability to see the numbers at depth with Suunto, Oceanic, Aries, etc.. I am currently running with the air intigrated Cobra and I was looking at upgrading to hose-less. I was also unsure at the logic of going with two of the same manufacture or would it be better to look at a different make as to compare data. I know that Suunto can be conservative which is not necessarily a bad thing with regards to safety. My first Cobra freaked out to a point that Suunto replaced it under warranty since I was getting alarms on my initial descents on my first dives. My dive log printouts were showing alarms all over the place, even on a shallow dive, that is why I am considering a different manufacture. It kinda takes the risk out of having all the eggs in a single basket. Just was unsure if my rational was off base.

I also dive the Oceanic VT3 and think it works pretty well. Basic, easy to read screen, but it is only used as a dive computer and nothing else. I have also used an Oceanic Atom, they now make the Atom 2, which is the watch style you are looking for. The screen was personally too small and the buttons were very small with mitts on my hand. Personal preference of course. I definitely support the VT3 though!

An old MARES Genius. I plan on switching to an OCEANIC Atom 2.0.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom