Issue with my Aeris 750GT!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

4x4x

Reaction score
Hey guys, first post:saeek: ...anyways, I'm using most of my brother's dive gear and he has an Aeris 750gt with the tank sender unit thingy. I just got the tank filled today cuz I'm gonna go dive Laguna tomorrow and I can't get the thing to read any tank pressure! What I did was hook everything up to the BCD, regulators, tank...then turn tank on, then presssed the triangle button on the computer to turn it on, then set it on the sender unit thing and it won't read. What gives? do I have to be underwater for this thing to read tank pressure...basically, HOW DO I USE THIS DAMN THING??? LOL

Thanks in advance...I'm diving Laguna tomorrow afternoon and the oil rigs off of ventura on Sunday, so this is kinda important! I searched online for a manual but couldn't turn up anything...thanks!

Are you holding the computer within 3 or 4 feet of the transmitter?? Perhaps the battery in the sending unit is dead... Or there is a place to program the wrist unit to the same ID number that is printed on the side of the transmitter... Maybe they are not set up right. Or... Maybe it's broken.... Because if you air it up, it should show the air pressure, even on land.

well as I said this thing is m brother's setup, and its worked for him a bunch of times so I know it has worked before. i guess the most likely would be a dead battery :banghead: I guess I better call the dive shop, hopefully they will have one or my dive will be off. thanks for the reply man, I'll let y'all know what happens

Check the transmitter code, check the battery. Radio Shack carries it as their p/n 23-026 if your dive shop doesn't (though you can get it a lot cheaper if you shop around -- RS wants $15 or so.)

One subtelty (I doubt this is your issue, but it drove me nuts until I RTFMed): after x minutes of no pressure change (e.g. after you turn air on but before you dive) the wrist unit will quit querying the transmitter to preserve battery life. Pressing the button that makes it display the date will awaken it again.

(Incidentally, you really shouldn't have to scrub, unless you're uncomfortable with using a conventional SPG. Ask the shop to loan/rent you a conventional SPG and hang it off your reg in place of the transmitter; the 750GT is supposed to work as a conventional computer without the air info. (you accept all risks, disclaimer, disclaimer, etc.))

Back
Top Bottom