Cozumel via Cancun Timing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DallasNewbie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm trying to salvage my Cozumel vacation since Funjet has canceled all of their flights, and it looks like the only possibility is to fly into Cancun. I know I can take the bus and ferry, but I have no idea what the timing is. How often do the busses and ferrys run? If I am on a flight out of Cancun leaving at 11:40 (be at the airport at 10:40) when would I have to catch the ferry off the island? TIA.

DallasNewbie:
I'm trying to salvage my Cozumel vacation since Funjet has canceled all of their flights, and it looks like the only possibility is to fly into Cancun. I know I can take the bus and ferry, but I have no idea what the timing is. How often do the busses and ferrys run? If I am on a flight out of Cancun leaving at 11:40 (be at the airport at 10:40) when would I have to catch the ferry off the island? TIA.

Its REALLY not THAT bad...We did it in March - saved a few hundred $$ flying into cun instead of czm..The buses are comfortable, with air conditioning. They leave frequently from the airport we only had to wait ~ 20min when we arrived at the bus terminal .. As soon as we arrived in PDC approximatly 40-50 mins later and had to wait for the ferry ~ 10 mins...Definatly salvage your vacation, its NOT that bad..The ferry& busses run pretty frequently.

As Becky said they both run regular schedules. It's an easy trip to make. The only pain is hauling your luggage/scuba gear between the bus station and the PDC ferry doc, though I think there are people there with bikes to do this for a fee.

DallasNewbie:

Let's see, the ferry ride is about 45 minutes, and I would give myself at least an hour to get to the Cancun airport under normal conditions. These days, I think I'd add an hour to be safe. I'd take the 8 AM ferry.

You might get lucky and find a cheap cab to CUN. The cabbies that work out of Cancun get fares to Playa del Carmen and travel back empty if they can't find a fare back, but they don't want to hang around in PdC too long. Ask how much, then offer half.

Wether you take a van or bus from Cun to Playa stop at the buss station and get a shedual. The Van will drop you off a black away from the bus terminal and you will walk right by it on the way to the ferry terminal.

I personally take a van($18usd) to Playa and take the bus on the return. You should have enough time to go from the ferry dock to the bus terminal and catch the airporto bus without having to wait.

Ron

Thanks for all the info, Jeanie at Blue Angel says the ferries are running, so we may be able to have our vacations afterall.

Anyone know if there are there ferries that leave earlier than 8? How long is the trip from the dock to the airport in Cancun? Thinking about the return flight, if I can swing it.

Lawrence914:
Anyone know if there are there ferries that leave earlier than 8? How long is the trip from the dock to the airport in Cancun? Thinking about the return flight, if I can swing it.

1st ferry is at 5am from czm to pdc. 40 mins ferry 40-50 mins bus ~2hr total

Cozoholic:
1st ferry is at 5am from czm to pdc. 40 mins ferry 40-50 mins bus ~2hr total

I really love this place! Thank you for the great info! So...

- bus from Cancun airport to Ferry.
- ferry to Czm.
- cab from dock to where I'm staying.

Bus & ferry costs per person?

Lawrence914:
I really love this place! Thank you for the great info! So...

- bus from Cancun airport to Ferry.
- ferry to Czm.
- cab from dock to where I'm staying.

Bus & ferry costs per person?

Ferry: $9.00 each way/pp
Bus:...??? dont remember not expensive, Im sure someone knows though

Gordon..???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom