Rock 'n' Java status?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharky60

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've seen info about most of the shore line establishments we visit, all but Rock 'n' Java. Being close to Jeanies and Hotel Barracuda I'm sure Lisa and company have suffered damange, but how much? I hope they will be back up and running soon with everyone else, I'd hate to miss out on those wonderful meals and especially Lisa's desserts!!!!!!

I went on the waterfront the other day. The only part left of that whole entire building is the front facade. It was hit hard. Punta Langosta was a mere shell of what it once was. Going to take some time to re-build

Lisa already has new windows in, has bought new equipment and is going to be fine!!! She did have a lot of loss but has already done all of this and we are all looking forward to eating there again soon!!!!!!

Thanks guys! I figured it wasn't pretty.

Looking forward to some of those whole wheat pancakes for breakfast and a Moca, chocolate, macadamian nut shake for a mid afternoon snack!!!!! I think I just put on a 1/2 pound thinking about it!!!

That isn't true. The building is a complete shell, and only needs windows and doors to open again, which work is progressing as wel speak. Dive Paradise is already open on the second floor of the building...so, please don't post reports when you really don't know what you're talking about.

Peace
James

gratefuljames:
That isn't true. The building is a complete shell, and only needs windows and doors to open again, which work is progressing as wel speak. Dive Paradise is already open on the second floor of the building...so, please don't post reports when you really don't know what you're talking about.

Peace
James
W.T.F.? I'm not even sure what you are saying. It's a shell but is ready to open? You're contradicting yourself.

Dan Kom & Holly LIVE on Cozumel... I'm going to trust their eyewitness reports even though they are contradicting each other too :wink:

No, it WAS A SHELL (and not only a facade, which to me means the building was gone and just the front wall was standing there) as the water blew through. Now, after all the water has receded, windows and doors are being put back on and the building is back in operation (as best as can be expected), and DP is doing operations out of the second floor. I could have been clearer, and I apologize for that. My information is coming direct from DP, which I am sure would be up and running somewhere else (and letting me know that) instead of telling me they are operating from the 2nd floor of the building on Melgar if it had been reduced to rubble...capische?

Peace. James

Geesh! Every post I've been on today g-james has been there correcting other's comments. Maybe Dan isn't an architectural designer, LIKE ME by the way! and doesn't know the proper terminology between "shell" and "facade" and from his point of view, that's what he saw. I've seen photos of R'n'J sence posting the original thread and I could see how to the non-professional eye how it would look.

Second of all, Holly is a personal friend and I know she would shoot me straight, good news or bad and I would take her observations over ANYONE'S here.

All this bickering over who is telling the "truth" and who is trying to BS folks and mislead people is getting really old, it has been a VERY short time sence Wilma, and information and opinions are going to get mixed up. The intentional misleadings will come out in the end and those people will pay for it, the non-intentional information will be corrected.

As I said in another post, save your pennies, go see for yourself. As for me if I had the means I would have been there as soon as I was allowed on the island to help clean up and still be there to start helping with reef clean up, but unfortunately it's just not possible at this time.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate someone trying to get the correct information out, but the underlying hostility is just too much.

Personally, I am not hostile at all...its just words on a white background...some therapists would say that if one "sees" hostility in simple words printed on a page, one is projecting their own innate hostiltiy to the words of another...I'm a peace-nik...

Peace!
James

WOW! I just was able to log on again and saw all of this!!!
The building stood - no if, ands or buts - the building stood - I was actually standing in Rock 'n Java 4 days ago WITH lisa - and she at that point had all her new windows in. The ocean took her windows and everything else practically inside. The front & FRONT door were still in place. But we all know Lisa - she had already bought replacement equipment & was digging in her heels to get going again ASAP!!!!
Dive Paradise was boarded up that day so don't know, Cozumel Living lost front & back windows & doors and had already been cleaned up and ready for all the new stuff to be put in.
That is what I saw.
So why are we wasting energy on all of this? The most important thing is no mattter what condition things are in - you should see it now compared to a week and 2 weeks ago!!!! Everywhere you look there are groups of people helping each other to clean & rebuild - the progress all over the city already is shocking and SOOOOOO wonderful!!!!!! On Sunday after Wilma, when we were still experiencing tropical force winds, the helicopters started landing with relief supplies - I was amazed!!!! The people of Cozumel have been from that day and continue to be feverishly working - there is a positive energy all over of everyone pulling together!!! This will be the fastest Caribbean hurricane recovery in history - I am absolutely positive!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom