Cozumel Palace vs Occidental Grand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JTB

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We're heading back to Cozumel and considering options. We've been there several times both as a "guys only dive trip" and bringing our non diving wives. In February we'll be there with our wives and wondering which resort people here like better. The Occidental Grand which is where we brought our wives last time or the Cozumel Palace. We loved the Grand and dove with Cristi @ Blue XTSea. Other than being limited to Southern sites all was great. What is most important is that our wives like the resort. So....how does the Palace compare to the Grand? Thankx.

The Grand is pretty awsome, and I don't think I've seen one review of the Palace since it opened.

I think the real advantage to the Palace would be if the girls are wanting to shop. It is within walking distance of town or even the ferry pier if they would want to spend a day shopping in PDC.

I agree with Sharkey about the proximity of the Palace to town for shopping. We stayed at the Palace last September and will be going back in October (33 days and counting).

The Palace is one of the nicest, most comfortable, best food, great service hotels that we have stayed at and thoroughly enjoy ourselves when we are there. The only draw back I can think of is there is no beach...but being divers we don't hang out at the beach when in Coz.

We have stayed at the Iberostar twice but since our last visit to the Palace, there is no other place we will stay.

We dove with Dive Paradise...fast boats, 1 DM to 4-6 divers, no bottom time limit, long surface intervals and the DM's know the reefs like the back of there hand.

Check out http://www.tripadvisor.com/ for reviews.

Hope this helps

Dave (aka "Squirt")

I'm confused. Was the Palace brand new in September? Wondering why there are not many reviews for this place. Our wives like to go to the AI and stay there for the week so shopping not important. (if you can believe that). The lack of a beach would be an issue.

JTB:
I'm confused. Was the Palace brand new in September? Wondering why there are not many reviews for this place. Our wives like to go to the AI and stay there for the week so shopping not important. (if you can believe that). The lack of a beach would be an issue.

Yes, it is new. The building isn't; it was previously the Plaza las Glorias, but it was shut down and renovated, and it hadn't been open its newest incarnation very long before Wilma paid a visit.

Gatcha ggunn.....thankx for that information. Makes more sence now. Judging by the lack of reviews here looks like we might be one of the 1st on the Board to check it out if we decide on it. I'll report back if we do.

Thankx Sherry, IC Dave suggested the same site. duh Nothing like asking for help and not reading answers well enough. lol But I'm going to check it out now.

My wife and I are staying at the Palace from the 23rd through 27th so I will be sure to post a review when we return. We are planning to use Aqua Safari on site.

Thankx Tex, have a blast. We're doing a guys trip to Bonaire the same week...........we can compare notes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom