What are your favorite Cozumel Restaurants??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alohagal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After reading threads here I was convinced to buy the "lite" All inclusive at Scuba Club for my upcoming trip. Which means I will be getting Breakfast and lunch ONLY. So, I need restaurant suggestions for dinner. (including your favorite dish)

Okay...let the list begin!:crafty:

Mary

After reading threads here I was convinced to buy the "lite" All inclusive at Scuba Club for my upcoming trip. Which means I will be getting Breakfast and lunch ONLY. So, I need restaurant suggestions for dinner. (including your favorite dish)

Okay...let the list begin!:crafty:

Mary
Check out Christi's list in the sticky at the top of this forum.

Some of my faves, in no particular order:
Kinta
Especias
Capi Navegante
La Morena
La Choza
Camilo's
Prima
Sonora Grill
La Veranda
La Mission
Pancho's Backyard
Casa Denis
Pepe's
El Moro
La Perlita

Check out Christi's list in the sticky at the top of this forum.

Some of my faves, in no particular order:
Kinta
Especias
Capi Navegante
La Morena
La Choza
Camilo's
Prima
Sonora Grill
La Veranda
La Mission
Pancho's Backyard
Casa Denis
Pepe's
El Moro
La Perlita

The only addn really to make for us would be Albertos Beach Bar on the south side of island. Many more good places but thats a great list to get started on.

The only addn really to make for us would be Albertos Beach Bar on the south side of island. Many more good places but thats a great list to get started on.
Oh, and Chen Rio over on the east side, too. The whole fried snapper <gurgle><drool>...

from ggunn: Christi's list is very good. Here are a few more places that I really like:

Pancho's Backyard - Behind Cinco Soles on Melgar (the waterfront street) a few blocks north of the plaza. All the food I have had there is very good, but the standout is the cream of cilantro soup. Elegant atmosphere.

El Capi Navegante - A couple of blocks from the water a little south of the Plaza. The Shrimp Capi is wonderful; it's shrimp cooked in orange juice, Pernod, brandy, garlic, and butter. They cook it at the table.

La Morena - A few doors south of Capi. What I like best there is the squid stuffed with spinach and garlic.

La Perlita - Back in the residential section, so take a cab. They have some of the best seafood on the island, IMO. Pulpo in su tinta (octopus in its ink), YUM!

La Veranda - about a half block off the water a block or two north of the plaza. Beautiful courtyard restaurant with a gazebo and fountain. Great food, too
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay...ggunn I found your list above on Christi's sticky! I included the bold print and underline on your suggestion above. Okay...I have had octopus many times...but never stewing in its own ink. It sounds unappetizing...but I will keep an open mind!!

Try El Pique on 30th or Los Otates on 5th for Tacos Pastor. We also like Pie De Carbon the corner of 5th and 6th for steak and the great wine list. Anything on Kintas menu, make a reservation and ask for outside seating!

Last edited:
The two I really like from Christi's list are Especias and Casa Denis. I can't remember specific dishes but I never had anything I didn't like at eather place. :)

I'm really happy to hear that you decided to dine away from the hotel. Wish more AI's gave guests that option -- lots of interesting flavors and fun places at reasonable costs. Good luck with the selection process -- it's not easy and you may discover a new gem not listed!

Don't miss Le Chef, across the street from BlueXTsea's shop on the corner. Le Chef is the only place we ate at twice this last trip, and everybody got the same thing the second time.

We were really disappointed in Especias last trip, it had been one of our top 3, but this last visit was very disappointing. I don't think we'll go back. The food was good by most standards, but there are too many places where the food is excellent to waste meals on good. Additionally, the host was in rare form that night, carrying on with every other table telling loud stories and getting diners to buy more booze. Not surprisingly the other tables were all ladies, and it just looked/felt a bit tacky.

The best meal of our trip was Kinta, hands down. We would have gone back there twice, but the second night it was closed when Le Chef was open.

Camilos fish tacos is nice too, just a couple of doors towards the square from Kinta and just an easygoing atmosphere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom