Front zip wet suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beej1123

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm trying to find a woman's front zip wet suit...3mm...any sites that I can check out for one?

Thanks
Bernadette

hoosier:
I was thinking the same source. Except Triple-L/ScubaL only makes their hooded jumpsuits with front zippers. Their unhooded versions have back zippers.

From what I see of their custom suits, the same goes for those... doesn't seem to be any provision to order an unhooded suit with front zipper.

Bernadette, why a front-zip 3mm suit? I happen to have a 1mm Henderson Microprene suit with a front zipper, and I like it a lot. But even that is impossible to pull off without someone else's help. You'd be a prisoner in a 3mm suit!

--Marek

Marek K:
I happen to have a 1mm Henderson Microprene suit with a front zipper, and I like it a lot. But even that is impossible to pull off without someone else's help. You'd be a prisoner in a 3mm suit!

--Marek

Why?

Pete

Some divers believe that the front zip is restricting the movement and harder to don than the back zipper. Actually, the back zip is the new trend on the wet suit in the market (I am not talking about the shoulder entry here). I also have 1mm Microprene back zipper (front zipper is a little bit cheaper). I don't have any problems with that. Specially, any types of zipper entry work well with a thin wet suit. It is a little bit different story on a Thicker one.

spectrum:
Its easier to get out of a back zip wetsuit where you pull from the front and away from you that it is to get out of a front zip wetsuit where you essentially don't have any leverage.

Most front zip wetsuits I've seen are part of a farmer jane/john combo.

I have a front zipper wet suit. the openeng goes from neck down front to bottom of left short leg. the whole thing falls open and is quit easy to get out of....the best bonus of a front zipper is if I get hot underwater I can easily open the front and let some cooling water in.....Great for Hot Flashing women!!~!

marydiver:
I have a front zipper wet suit. the openeng goes from neck down front to bottom of left short leg. the whole thing falls open and is quit easy to get out of....the best bonus of a front zipper is if I get hot underwater I can easily open the front and let some cooling water in.....Great for Hot Flashing women!!~!

The key here is that you are diving a shorty, and it will fall open. A full wetsuit is not going to fall open like that. I have to agree with Marek. I've tried a 3mm front zip suit, and there is almost no way to get out of it alone.

I also own a 7mm farmer john setup. The long sleeved shorty that goes with it is also impossible to get out of alone, even though it unzips all the way down. It's just too hard to pull thick, tight sleeves off when you're alone. I've heard tales of guys having to go to the neighbor's house just to get help...LOL.

Stay with the back zip if it's a full suit, you won't regret it.

LOL~~~~ It is so funny....

Firefyter:
I've heard tales of guys having to go to the neighbor's house just to get help...LOL..

Getting in to my Henderson Microprene 1mm front-zip isn't much of a problem alone, though I do have to wriggle a bit. But when it's wet and I have to get out of it, no way. I need someone to pull the suit off my shoulders.

Nice thing about a front-zip is, you can leave it zipped down a bit to keep cool, and to hose cool water in. I also don't like neck constriction...

Also useful for, um, other relief... assuming you're in water warm enough!

--Marek

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom