Diving wet with turtles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LG Diver

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey all,

I just bought a pair of turtles to use with my DUI rockboots. I'd like to be able to use them when diving wet also, so I can use one pair of fins for both situations and get rid of the split fins. Does anyone have any good ideas how to do this? The owner of the LDS that I got the fins from says that when he used the turtles 30 years ago they used to come with foot pocket inserts to adapt the foot pocket to different size boots, but he hasn't seen these in years. Anyone know if something like this exists or can be DIY'ed? Alternately, has anyone tried wearing neoprene socks with rockboots and turtles when diving wet?

Thanks,
John

If you wear a size 10-13 shoe you might try switching to a pair of neoprene "Ranger" boots from High-tide http://www.hightidegear.com/ though I can't seem to get their website up at the moment -

They are a lug sole 6.5mil neoprene wetsuit boot, very comfortable and the XXL or larger can even fit in XXL Jets (size 12 shoe)

You may also find other wetboots that might fit. Otherwise I can't see a problem (other than the "hassle") of using a pair of neoprene socks in your rock boots

Thanks. After I posted this it occurred to me to post the question in the XS Scuba forum as well. Mike from XS Scuba replied and said the shims are no longer available. The neoprene sock option sounds interesting. I'll have to give that a try. It's cheap enough that I'm not out much if it doesn't work out, and since I'd be using the rockboots the fit in the fin should be close to the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom