HYdro optix mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The vision is supposed to be phenominal, however they require correcting your vision to about -4 in both eyes, which in my case would require a number of eye doc visits to get fitted for the right lens, and you're left with screwed up vision from the contacts during the SI.

OTOH, people who use it seem to love it.

Terry

Denture Dan:
Has anyone ever used these masks, they sound great!!!

www.hydrooptix.com

thanks Dan

Have one, could not make it work for me. This frame is not for a narrow face. The nose pocket is for little noses (also not me). The vision was awesome through it, before I got lasik surgery. Actually, you just reminded me I need to sell one... if interested please go look in the SB classifieds. Thanks!

Uhm...

no way I am gonna use this stuff. I have got 20/20 vision (and I am proud of it, what with all my forebears being blind as moles). I would need contacts just to use this mask. Your mask gets flooded, one of the contacts gets washed our or to the back of your eyeball... and hey presto... you are effectively blind!

Nice going...

I forgot about the nose thing. Yeah, it's a pretty small nose pocket.

The mask also clears poorly and always seemed to have water that I couldn't get rid of in the lenses.

Terry

RumBum:
Have one, could not make it work for me. This frame is not for a narrow face. The nose pocket is for little noses (also not me). The vision was awesome through it, before I got lasik surgery. Actually, you just reminded me I need to sell one... if interested please go look in the SB classifieds. Thanks!

I may be hallucinating, but I seem to remember that the mask was originally developed for the Japanese market where a lot of the people are nearsighted and can use the mask as-is.

Terry

**ping**:
Uhm...

no way I am gonna use this stuff. I have got 20/20 vision (and I am proud of it, what with all my forebears being blind as moles). I would need contacts just to use this mask. Your mask gets flooded, one of the contacts gets washed our or to the back of your eyeball... and hey presto... you are effectively blind!

Nice going...

There is supposed to be a version coming out at some point for 20/20 divers that doesn't cost multiple thousands of dollars...

Denture Dan:
Has anyone ever used these masks, they sound great!!!

thanks Dan

Dan....You can try mine out if you like. I am also a dealer or something like that. I'll still talk to you,no problem.(If you know what I mean).

Personally,I have not yet had the contacts made to use this mask as intended.

Ronnie

Ron Brandt:
Dan....You can try mine out if you like. I am also a dealer or something like that. I'll still talk to you,no problem.(If you know what I mean).

Ronnie

I forgot to mention the test dive would be in my condo pool. Just give me a call at the office and we can arrange a time and then perhapps step over to BP for a beer.

Ronnie

thanks for all of the information, i see this is something that I have to think about some more.

Dan

Back
Top Bottom