Prescription Dive Masks .com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jax

Deplorable American
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Welcome to Prescription Dive Masks 1-800-538-2878.

For those of you considering 'readers' for your mask, here's my story. This is only one person's opinion of one time.

I sent the mask out somewhere in late June. On 12 July, they charged my credit card the $139, and I thought, "Yay, it's shipped out!" Uh, no.

It seems they charge your card when they 'start work', so said the answer to an email I sent on the 27th on the whereabouts of my mask.

I then received my mask today, on the 30th . . . and it still smells strongly of glue. :hm:

However, I am pleased with the result. I got the "executive style" readers on my old mask, figuring that if I don't like them, it's a backup anyway. But I do like them, and am not as happy with my Atomic subframes as I thought I'd be, so the Tusa Liberator is my primary mask again. :wink: BTW, you can get the reader's top set as high or low as you wish. This is the default 10-11 mm. At first, I thought it a little high, but not after trying it on.

Here are some pictures of the mask and its readers. I think I asked for +1.5 but I may have asked for +2.0, just so I can see itsie bitsie stuff. These are not prescription lenses, but 'reading lenses' glued on with optically clear glue.

I will follow-up when I have dived them in the pool tomorrow.

Attachments

• Mask (2).jpg
    Mask (2).jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 180
  • Mask (6).jpg
    Mask (6).jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Mask (7).jpg
    Mask (7).jpg
    288 KB · Views: 114
Best investment I ever made. I have executive readers as well.

i have two masks with their lenses. I've been using them for two years now in all kinds of environment and never had a problem. if i ever get a new mask without oem prescription service, i'll use them again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom