SB Diver Littlejohn - Rest in Peace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FritzCat66

Florida Reef Cat
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all - Bad news, after we came up from the last dive at Jupiter today, littlejohn started having difficulty breathing and showing signs of DCS. EMT's were called and took him from the dock to St. Mary's in West Palm where he will be taking a chamber ride.

I talked to him in the ER, and he seemed weary, but aware. More details later (probably in the Incidents forum), but for now please keep him in your thoughts.

>*< Fritz

I just talked to St. Mary's Hospital, and they said littlejohn (John) is in stable condition. He's resting now, and will take another "dive" tomorrow at 10:00. His diagnosis was DCS, but they can't say what caused it. John is still pretty confused, so it's difficult to get information from him. He'll be in the ICU unit for a couple days. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers. They said I can call again after 4:00 PM tomorrow after he's done with his second trip. I'll keep you updated on his condition.

Oh John ....
I will keep you in my prayers and hope to see your smiling face at one of our events soon.

John! I hope you are not hurt too badly and I wish you a speedy recovery.

John, I pray for your speedy recovery! Hugs to ya!

Good morning ,
John you are in my prayers this morning still and everyday until you recover.

I called St Mary's this morning but could not find out any information.:depressed:

Hey all - Bad news, after we came up from the last dive at Jupiter today, littlejohn started having difficulty breathing and showing signs of DCS. EMT's were called and took him from the dock to St. Mary's in West Palm where he will be taking a chamber ride.

I talked to him in the ER, and he seemed weary, but aware. More details later (probably in the Incidents forum), but for now please keep him in your thoughts.

>*< Fritz

Fritz, sorry to hear about John.... Can you tell us a little about the plan...?
What sites...?
Nitrox...?
Rough group SI...?

Chambers are no fun..., hot and humid and you want to just take a nap, but no, darn heavy o2 mask and air breaks for 6+ hours...

Chambers are no fun..., hot and humid and you want to just take a nap, but no, darn heavy o2 mask and air breaks for 6+ hours...

awww poor John

The only additional information I have is that St. Mary's called me this morning looking for any names or numbers of John's family to contact. I told them I don't have anything but there may be more with his gear, which is at JDC and they open at 7:00. She said, "I don't know if he has that much time." :frown:

His car is parked at my place with the keys in my van, so on their advice I called Titusville PD to come over and witness my search of his vehicle, which came up empty except for his address. I also found the business card for his dive instructor, so I passed that also over to St. Mary's, knowing that usually you have to fill out a bit of paperwork for dive classes including names of relatives to contact, etc. so he might have more information.

I also advised them that his cellphone (which they have) is a Treo and should have numbers in his address book. They said the phone is dead and they could find no charger for it.

I have heard nothing since.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom