A lot has changed at Blue Grotto since I was last there...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I was impressed. The entire site is run on solar energy and they even support a hydroponics farm on site. Here's the walk down to the water:

Was up there a couple of weeks ago and I agree, He's done and incredible job with it. The cabins are very reasonable and on some holiday weekends there have been food trucks on site. They also were testing underwater speakers when we were there too.

Back in December he lost the entire hydo-ponic crop due to a fungus or something. The re-grow looked really good when I snapped this picture.

Attachments

• lettuce.jpg
    lettuce.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 206
I posted this last week about Blue Grotto.

I haven't been to Blue Grotto since I took my Nitrox course there eons ago (over a decade). The improvement to the facility are amazing. New spacious shop, big fill station, big rental shop. New pool for confined water training, cabanas for overnight stays. Eight covered pavilions for groups with plenty of picnic tables for each group. Stairs, ramps, benches near the water with tank bungees, new floating & underwater platforms and lighting for night diving (upon special request). Even a field of solar panels and a hydroponics garden that was growing lettuce, herbs, etc. If I lived closer, I'd certainly come here more often. That said, the facility limits number of divers to 140 per day. Many weekend days, divers get turned away (no worries, Devil's Den is across the Highway). So if you want to go on a weekend, you'd better make reservations in advance.

Wow!

I haven't been there sine the 70's, so you can figure how much it has changed for me!!
Just came across this thread, beautiful facility! If you happened to have any pics from the 70's you could scan and post, that would be a trip. I can only imagine the changes...

Was there a couple of weeks ago on a Friday morning. Only about 5-7 divers when we got there. About 20 or so by the time we finished at about 1pm. Was very clear when we first entered, but got a bit silty towards the end. Ground were very nice, and they work hard to keep them clean and tidy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom