Where to begin? Any suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swift1517

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

I'm living in Kagoshima, Japan right now, and some friends and I have discussed going on a scuba trip for Golden Week (end of April, beginning of May). Thing is, it's prime travel time here in Japan, so we're hoping to go elsewhere to find cheaper but still awesome diving.

This will be my first time diving in Asia, and I'm a beginner--some of my companions are far more experienced, but I'm hoping to find something that's not too difficult to dive. We have direct flights from our airport here in Kagoshima to both Seoul and Shanghai, as well as a few more options from Fukuoka (including Bangkok, Hanoi, Hong Kong, among a few others).

Does anyone have any suggestions for where to go? Basically, to recap, we're looking for something not-too-expensive and not-too-difficult around Japan, but I certainly don't know where to begin to find the best experience for our money. Please help!

hi there i`m an australia dive instructor working in tanegashima island just off the coast from you.there`s some great diving here and in yakushima island that are very prestine and appeal to all levels...we don't getmany westerners here tho but the people that do come are more than suprised at how beautiful it is!
have you thought about Ogasawara (bonin islands).theres a ferry from tokyo that takes you there. it has some amazing diving.
anyway i hope you find a good place .theres so many options in japan too...have you thought of okinawa or kerama islands ......?
hope this steers you a little on the right choice!!!

Back
Top Bottom