Culebra, Puerto Rico in Jan. Any info?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

daversj

Registered
Reaction score
I am going to Culebra on a family trip and am curious as to the diving possibilities since diving wasn't the major consideration. Does anyone have any experience diving there and what should I expect. I'd like to know if I should bring a speargun if thats allowed there. Is nitrox available? I plan on bringing my own gear and one other set. I hope to do some beach diving as well to save money. Any input or experiences would be appreciated. Thanks, Dave

airbornediver:
I never dove there but my friends have been diving with these guys:

http://www.culebradivers.com/

I was just in culebra this past weekend, but not for diving, just for relaxing at flamenco beach. I had hoped to do some snorkeling at carlos but it was closed. they recently had a lagoon flood there, and several of the apartments there are flooded. I stopped in the culebradivers dive shop when I arrived (it's right on the ferry pier), and they seemed like a decent outfit. Also stopped into the Culebradiveshop, not sure what to say about that. I have yet to dive there, but may take the opportunity when it comes. It seems a little pricy at ~$95/2 tanks.

daversj:
I am going to Culebra on a family trip and am curious as to the diving possibilities since diving wasn't the major consideration. Does anyone have any experience diving there and what should I expect. I'd like to know if I should bring a speargun if thats allowed there. Is nitrox available? I plan on bringing my own gear and one other set. I hope to do some beach diving as well to save money. Any input or experiences would be appreciated. Thanks, Dave

Been diving Culebra for many years from our sailboat. The best of the best diving is in Little Culebra and that area. You can actually dive from one side of the island to the other. Then on the other side to the east there are 2 caves with the 2nd being a long and wonderful adventure, just make sure you leave enough air to get back to the other side of the island or it will be a long swim around the island. Both dive operators, dive this area and are good people but equipment and boats are old and need TLC. Nitrox, spearfishing and shore diving NOT available. Weather can be a issue this time of year but give them a call.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom