New diver from Puget Sound

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

huskychemist

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello ScubaBoard.

I just found this site while checking out psdivers.com. This seems to be a great resource, since all of you on this site come from all over the world...

I got certified in September here in Puget Sound. So far, I haven't had any trouble with being cold... So far, I've logged 39 dives. I'm lucky enough to have a dive buddy at my work, so our schedules and interestes are compatible. I'm able to get wet almost every weekend, and sometimes mid-week for night dives.

I'm hoping to get Advanced certification this winter. So far, I've done the Boat Diving specialty, along with Stress and Rescue. Eventually, I'd like to get to DiveCon, or more.

Did I mention that I'm addicted to diving? I think I'd dive every day if I could find the time.

Thanks.

Welcome aboard....glad to hear you love the sport....it is a passion of mine also...as well as many here....look forward to seeing you post here in the future...see ya` under

A warm SB welcome from these chilly waters!

Sea ya on the beach.

Husky you ARE hooked. Did anyone tell you there are actually places in the world that the water is warm?? (kidding) I've been spoiled so much that I can't imagine making that many cold water dives.......on purpose. But I'm interested.............tell us more.

Sounds like you got it bad, and that's good. This is a great place to argue about it...

:cowboy2: don

Hey Husky! Where'd you do your certs? (I did mine at UWS Kirkland in the summer).

I'm completely jealous of your dive frequency. Had I found this site earlier I'd have been diving twice a week instead of trying to haul my buddy out of his apartment for months at a time.

Should you need it, Virginia Mason has a lovely hyperbaric facility. Largest in the nation, I believe. But the thai food isn't worth the trip.

Happy diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom