Dive Computer: Too Many Choices; Please Help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fyrsout

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Time to update my old computer. I'm a recreational diver, mostly warm water but occasionally off coast of SoCal. I haven't done nitrox yet but want the new computer to be able to handle it. Don't want wireless. Looking to spend 400-600 or in that neighborhood. I do maybe 25-30 dives a year. I have been looking at the Aeris Atmos, Oceanic Pro (very similar), and the Zeagel N2ition. I've heard pros and cons about air integrated and don't know if I want AI or not. Oceanic is local, so I can drive to the manufacture for service but don't know how important that really is. I'll take any advice you guys have. Thanks for your help...

I do have a SLIGHT bias :D being a Oceanic dealer :)
But they do make some great computers,for your amount of diving,have a look at the VEO100NX
or the VEO 180

Goodluck on your quest

Aeris makes some good computers. Like the Atmos XR2. You can get in many different configurations. Also you can download it to your home or laptop computer and look at and log your dives that way. I sell the AI i probably sell 4 or 5 a month. Also downloadable very big display adn air integrated don't have to look anyplace else for information. Let me know how you make out and if i can assist you in your purchase.

Bob

I use the Pro Plus2. Zero problems, easy to use and read. Good value.

Hi ...
wavey.gif
& Welcome to ...

:sblogo::colouredsmilies::colouredsmilies:
banana.gif

Aeris & Oceanic is the same company so is Hollis. Bob Hollis owns them. They have a little different display but they are twinkies. They are very good and have a mega huge following. 300bar is right ... I hope you also look at the VEO 250 does alittle more for a little more.

I know your feelings about AI. I seen 2 mess up and one of those twice but there was a recall on one also. I like the VT 3 alot I think when I replace my Versa Pro I'm going with that. I know a few peps using it without a problem.

The Veo 180 and 250 I know are nitrox ready but I don't know about the VEO100NX but you can ask 300bar. I take the NX has something to do with nitrox but don't want to steer you wrong.

Time to update my old computer. I'm a recreational diver, mostly warm water but occasionally off coast of SoCal. I haven't done nitrox yet but want the new computer to be able to handle it. Don't want wireless. Looking to spend 400-600 or in that neighborhood. I do maybe 25-30 dives a year. I have been looking at the Aeris Atmos, Oceanic Pro (very similar), and the Zeagel N2ition. I've heard pros and cons about air integrated and don't know if I want AI or not. Oceanic is local, so I can drive to the manufacture for service but don't know how important that really is. I'll take any advice you guys have. Thanks for your help...

If you go with Oceanic then you may indeed be driving to the manufacturer a lot! With them, you just never know. I think they got all the bugs out by now, but who knows?

I recommend SUUNTO.

Time to update my old computer. I'm a recreational diver, mostly warm water but occasionally off coast of SoCal. I haven't done NITROX yet but want the new computer to be able to handle it. Don't want wireless. Looking to spend 400-600 or in that neighborhood. I do maybe 25-30 dives a year. I have been looking at the Aeris ATMOS, Oceanic Pro (very similar), and the Zeagle N2ition. I've heard pros and cons about air integrated and don't know if I want AI or not. Oceanic is local, so I can drive to the manufacture for service but don't know how important that really is. I'll take any advice you guys have. Thanks for your help...

I own three Aeris ATMOS AI computers (wife, daughter and mine). One is 4 years old, while the second one is two years old and the other one is one year old.

I have not had any problems with any of them. They work very well, are easy to read and the data can be easily downloaded to the PC dive log application provided by Aeris.

As someone mentioned Aeris and Oceanic are sister companies. I don't think that the fact that you live next to Oceanic makes much difference since warranty service is usually handled through your local dive shop.

The Aeris ATMOS AI is NITROX compatible.

Welcome to the 'board!!!!

Good answers here but you'll get more if you check out the equipment forums.... and while your'e checking that out, drop further on down to your local dive forum and join in the fun .....
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/socal/

Back
Top Bottom