Greetings from a Sacramento Newbie!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paddles

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Just returned from Monterey where I had the best weekend a person can ask for! Left the kids with Grandma and went to the Jetty and am now certified!

What a thrill! I had a few trying times in the pool last weekend with removing my mask, replacing and clearing...snorting chlorine is not fun. So, being the worry wart that I am, I was apprehensive about repeating it in the ocean. Plus, having asthma had me alittle on edge...(Can't use an inhaler underwater) Piece of cake! I found the ocean much more enjoyable than the pool! All skills performed perfectly, without panic or hesitation. (Opening your eyes underwater is easier in the ocean than in a pool!)

Saw lots of cool things...didn't know crabs could be as big as my laptop...didn't know slugs (don't know what they are but they look like big slugs) could be bigger than loafs of bread (don't want those in my flower bed)...but the best of the best was hanging out at the wall, 39 feet down...just hovering and watching fish watch me...when a sea lion came cruising by...about 2 feet in front of me...looking at me like "Hello...Who are you?"...I started laughing...and found I could do that with a reg in my mouth and not choke!

Great people, great weather...Reminded me of my sailing days...

I don't think I'll ever look at an aquarium the same, since this weekend I got to be in one...

I'm hooked...I'm selling the house, the kids, the car, the dog and cats and moving to the ocean...

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

Glad you had a great experience. Yeah, you're one of us...

don

:D

Welcome paddles, sounds like you had an AWESOME trip...glad you stopped by and hope that you will stay awhile. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here that are ready and willing to help in anyway, all you have to is ask.

Again, welcome to SB.

-ZD

and to diving.

Keep the cat and the car, and go diving. :D

welcome aboard, Paddles...

also, i like your quote... very nice

Thanks for all the Hellos! Looking forward to learning lots...tons of conversation taking place...some intriguing :11:

Thanks H2Andy...that's the ending to a short poem thingy I wrote in a previous life...I read a few of your essays...felt like I was right there with ya!

Hi buddy! Welcome to SB. Looking forward to learning and sharing your expriences for us newbies. Hope to bump into you soon.
Dive safe.

yo paddles,
congradulations on your certification, thats where i also got cert. i dont get to go very often, but i have had the same experience at the same place. i also
said the same thing to my instructer ( sell it all ) there is a dive pool ( indoor ) on
folsom blvd inbetween sunrise and hazel, good place to keep up on your skills.
kevinm

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

Congrats on the new cert!

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or respond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom