Guadeloupe: seeking advice on best dive-sites (under present circumstances

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bruges00

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Dear all,

My wife, my 9-month baby-daughter and I will be spending 2 weeks in Guadeloupe around Easter.

Both my wife and I are AOW/Nitrox with ca. 50 dives (and speak both ENG and FR).Yet, in the last 2 years we did not dive because of pregnancy, maternity etc.

We would thus like to do a few dives in Guadeloupe. However, we can't leave the baby on her own or with a baby-sitter (we know none on the island).
So, we probably need to alternate (one dive me, one dive my wife etc.). This means, to my mind, that we have the following options: (i) diving from the shore, (ii) diving on a boat for a two tanks dives where they let the baby stay on board (so my wife and I can each do a dive); (iii) diving from a boat after a very short trip.

That said, we would like to know whether anyone can suggest a few (in his/her opinion) NOT-TO-BE-MISSED dives in Guadeloupe that are compatible with my situation.

We'll probably stay a week or so neat st.Anne/Le Gosier and then we go a few days around the island (we'll have a car for the whole time) and finally spend a few days at Les Saints.

I'd be very thankful for any suggestion, tip, advice etc. :)
Luca

Back
Top Bottom