Where to dive near Puerto Vallarta?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randazzle

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just got open-water certified last August and have my first opportunity to use it. I'm going to Puerto Vallarta for business and will have a day free while I'm there to do some diving. Does anybody know a good PADI-certified outfit that has good excursions for a day? A lot of companies pop up on Google. Thought I'd check here and see if anybody has experience with a company that offers a good diving experience. Let me know as soon as possible, as I'll be diving on April 20.

I did 8 dives 3/17/12-3/20/12, aboard the Eco Explorer & Marla, typically with Dive Master Hector Carreol & Captain Emilio Orona; dive master Chamely was there on a couple of days with students, she is also who I corresponded via email, when asking about there boat, ladder, water entry/exit procedures, equipment & luggage storage, she was patient, thorough & diligent. Everyone was professional & fun, the time of year perhaps was not the best time to dive, but I always say a day diving is better than a day working. I had to be there anyway for my work, so a-diving I went. Took my 5 mil suit, but would have been fine in my 3 mil, water temps were 73*F+.

1st day we dove Isle Marietta’s, they told me I was going to see "Boobies" I got excited, but they were talking about the feathered kind, LOL; However we saw humpback whales on the trip out to the site, viz was 30-50 ft with particles in the water, the volcanic tunnel swim through was cool, baby Stingrays, Puffer Fish & Nudibranchs were everywhere.

2nd day we dove Los Arcos, where a part of Popeye the Sailor was filmed, with Robin Williams. Viz was 7-20 ft, pretty crappy, but still saw a tiger eel, nudibranchs, octopus, a Basket Starfish & more.

3rd day Mahahuirtas, nudibranchs, eels, basket starfish, stingrays, etc viz still wasn't great 15-25 ft. We saw a Sea Turtle on the trip back to the port.

4th day Ilse Marietta’s, viz was better, but waves were rougher. Sting Rays, puffers, lobster, eels, etc. Saw Humpback whales on return trip to port.

I would highly recommend this shop; they were professional, fun, informative & accommodating. Also very conveniently located in the Marina, I was able to walk over there from the Casa Marriott, since they stored my gear over night, it was about a 15 minute walk, with shops on the way for breakfast, gifts, liquor, food, etc.

Dive trips Puerto Vallarta, daily scuba and snorkel tours in Puerto Vallarta, Tours :: Scuba Diving School Vallarta Under Sea - Escuela de buceo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom