Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 12v Hookah Diving

Registered

Has not set a "status"

12v Hookah Diving

Has anyone tried one of these hookah diving kits they sell on Ebay? They run the $300-$500 range.They worth it? Im looking to try some light diving with one.

Registered

Cleverly disguised as a
    grownup

Dives
    5,000 - ∞
    Photos
    I use a 50' hose spliced between my first and second stages for that type of diving usually from a kayak. Should cost you about $50 to do it yourself and then use the gear you already have.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    MARK-V DIVING HELMET 100th ANNIVERSARY 1914-2014

Learning is easy but understanding takes time.

Defender!

is not really grumpy

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    OP may not be a certified diver, so he may not have the equipment. Without at least basic training there are risk even on Hookah or SNUBA (long hose on a tank). Diving looks easy, actually it is easy but there are some basic safety hazards like ascending while holding your breath, etc... that can seriously injure or kill you. I would definitely take at least a basic OW class just so you become aware of the potential issues.
    “Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more.” - Nikola Tesla

Dive Bum Wannabe

is Ready to Dive

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    DivingOverboard

I'll start by reiterating the concern about breathing compressed air without scuba training. Even at the modest depth of 15 feet that one of these maxes out at you can get hurt or die.

I depending on the model there will be a finite life to the battery and I'm not sure how you manage that while diving. Deep cycle batteries, charging and replacement will soon make this a money pit.

If you want to dive I would first throw a little money towards a discover dive and if you think this is your game then take an OW class. Once you do that I think the fascination with being tethered to an airbrush compressor will fade.

I have assumed based on your lack of profile information that you are new to diving. Please come back with more details if this is incorrect.

Pete
    My ever growing collection of assorted ramblings on scuba topics can be read here.

No sequence of classes will make a good diver out of you, if you aren't actively diving and practicing in the meantime.
    TSandM

Registered

is all wet.

In a marina, under a boat, in the San Francisco Bay
    And let's not get into another long discussion about the issues associated with using pneumatic tool hose as breathing hose, as pictured above.
    "Clean bottoms are FastBottoms!"

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Thanks for the feedback. I am new to diving if anyone wants give me some diving pointers, Id appreciate it. Right now im only interested in shallow diving. Ive heard I could get an airbladder if I decide to try deeper diving?
    As for the hose Id buy my own dedicated diving hose.
    As for the economics Id dont see anything that comes close to this in price, and im on a budget.The batteries should last plenty,I wont be out there everyday.
    Right now Im leaning toward getting it.

Dive Bum Wannabe

is Ready to Dive

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    Get certified by a professional instructor, anything less is perilous. Learning to dive by collecting pointers on the internet is even more dangerous.

Pete
    diverdoug1 likes this.
    My ever growing collection of assorted ramblings on scuba topics can be read here.

No sequence of classes will make a good diver out of you, if you aren't actively diving and practicing in the meantime.
    TSandM

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Getting no pointers is even more dangerous. Im only going down like 10 feet Im not going to pay somebody hundreds of dollars to teach me that. Anyway I think Im getting one Ill let you know how it goes.

NA

Extremly happy and relaxed
    after 18 hours of blue water
    bottom time over 5 days.

Dives
    I just don't log dives
    Photos
    Gotta love the gene pool.
    Last edited by chrpai; May 6th, 2012 at 07:56 AM.
    SC_Hoaty likes this.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199
    The gene pool itself, or the way that humanity adds it's own chlorine to the gene pool?

Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast