Custom Made WetSuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shanec70

New
Reaction score
I am new to the Scuba world. I am going to get certified this summer. I am wanting my own wetsuit so I talked to a few dive shops. I have "Beer Belly" and been told I'll need a custom made wetsuit. I do have a few dive shops where I can go to get measured correctly. just want to have my own design made since its gonna be custom made.

Is there a site where I can make my own wetsuit diagram then send in with my measurements to have it made? Besides Custom Wetsuits and Nemo diving & surfing wetsuits, custom made wetsuits

You didn't give us an idea of your size, but before you give up check out Pinnacles King 1 and King 2 sizes. They are essentially 3XL and 4XL for people who are not much over 6 ft tall. Pinnacle makes high quality suits.

Many hyperstreatch suits can accomodate a beer belly.

Last edited:
I can't see in your profile where you live, Shanc70. My husband and I live in AZ and had our custom wetsuits made by Wetwear in Florida. We happened to be in FL and went to the shop and got measured for our suits, however, you don't have to physically get measured at the shop. Connie provides information if you want to get measured at home and then send the info to her.

The website is wetwear.com and the toll free phone number is 800-771-8081. It's really worth going to the website to see what she has to offer.

I'll second the recommendation for Aquaflite. I had my measurements for that done at my local tailor, using the form from their website. He measured me for free since I was getting a few alterations done anyway. There were 30-ish measurements, so it took a while. The suit came back 90% right, but I wasn't quite happy with the hood. I called and marked the spots I wanted fixed with chalk while talking to the owner on the phone, shipped it back (my cost to ship it back, and his to ship it to me again), and he fixed it. Oh, also, the wetsuit is super sturdy. It should last for many many dives.

You didn't give us an idea of your size, but before you give up check out Pinnacles King 1 and King 2 sizes. They are essentially 3XL and 4XL for people who are not much over 6 ft tall. Pinnacle makes high quality suits.

Many hyperstreatch suits can accomodate a beer belly.
Go custom. There is no such thing as normal. Very very few divers get a proper fit from an off the rack suit. Just because you can get into it, does not mean it fits. For the small extra expense you will have a suit that fits in all the right places and seals properly.

I see way too many divers wearing 2 and 3 ill-fitting layers in an attempt to stay warm on night dives. They look at me in my shorty and wonder why I do not get cold. Custom fit means no water leaks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom