What ever happened to Fred?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I remember some time ago now there was a thread about some weirdo named Fred that hung out at the Breakwater and would proposition couples to go diving, then isolate the woman during the dive and do weird stuff.

What ever happened to him. I haven't heard any new scoop lately.

Interesting and weird. I didn't know about this (I'll look for the old thread).

Yeah, it would be interesting to find out what happened. :confused:

Interesting and weird. I didn't know about this (I'll look for the old thread).

:

here's one of the old threads. He's been mentioned in sever others, but might not be titled directly in reference to him

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/no...erey-divers-especially-women-beware-fred.html

FYI... this was mentioned/posted in July 2009 in the above thread

Ran across fred at the parking lot in front of the breakwater deli yesterday. He still looks alive and well. He attempted to conversate with us but we just said hi and kept moving. I didn't notice any dive gear in the back of his red truck, yes he still drives the same truck...LOL. Does anyone know if he is still diving and pulling his same antics?

I remember that guy - he was quite creepy, he lurked all over me one day at BW. Yikes!

Boy was I glad I had guy buddies that day!

Saw him back in May, but now that you mention it I haven't seen him since I returned to the states in August.

I hope he's ok , but I certainly don't miss him.

Best case scenario - he's locked up in a sexually dysfunctional psych rehab somewhere.

Boy was I glad I had guy buddies that day!

That was never known to stop Fred. If there was a woman in the group, he just whipped out his "Certified Dive Buddy" card and invited himself along.

He was frequently around BW a few months ago, but I haven't seen him recently.

Bruce

That was never known to stop Fred. If there was a woman in the group, he just whipped out his "Certified Dive Buddy" card and invited himself along.

He was frequently around BW a few months ago, but I haven't seen him recently.

Bruce

:rofl3: (Certified Dive Buddy) Card, I remember getting one of those cards when Shannon and I were new divers, I almost Killed that guy that day for assaulting her!!

I saw him about 4 weeks ago at the Break Water, He seems to remember to stay very clear of me:D

Well posting photos of him would put us in murky waters as far as anti-defamation laws are concerned. It is one thing to make accusations when all we got is a guy named Fred who drives a red pickup and a different thing to post a picture of him.

Well posting photos of him would put us in murky waters as far as anti-defamation laws are concerned. It is one thing to make accusations when all we got is a guy named Fred who drives a red pickup and a different thing to post a picture of him.

Mike, You are correct I think for the most part, But on my part it isn't just an accusation, It REALLY did happen to her and I, and the second time he tried it, I told him I would beat him senseless if he even got near her!!

Back
Top Bottom