Questions on diving off of 17 mile drive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marcus8

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I see the occasional report about folks diving at various spots along the 17 mile drive such as Stillwater Cove, Mary Kay house to name a few recent ones. But I'm curious about a couple things. Do you pay the fee to drive there at the ranger station or is there a way to get there without paying? Secondly, I'm not that familiar with beach entries for these locations. Is there some sort of on line map that shows/describes these? I did look up shorediving.com on Stillwater and they mention making reservations. Is this the CA park system I'm calling? I'm just curious about the process from folks who've done it before. I'd like to explore these areas more myself as I've only been in these locations via boat previously.

Many Thanks

Mark

So yes you will pay the gate fee. I do not really understand 'why' you must do that to access a public beach but anyway, you will pay it.

Best launch point is at still water for anything around that pescadero point area. Next launch is cypress point, though there might be a way down at lone cypress but I think it's steep there though.

The cove is pretty shallow, and a long kick, we prettying dive kayaks out of there.

Still water map link
1563 Cypress Dr, Del Monte Forest, CA 93953
1563 Cypress Dr, Pebble Beach, CA 93953 - Google Maps

685e172e2ae237d55836f64308d1a4b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like diving is out this wkend. Figures since I have Lobos reservations for Sunday. Guess you can thank me for the rain since it always seems to happen when I reserve Lobos. I'm 0 for my last 3 out there this Fall/Winter. Sigh

At any rate, might just take a little drive down there and scope out some of the spots mentioned by Griffon. I imagine it'll be clearer to plan if I can eye ball it.

Thanks Griffon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom