Malware Warnings on Assorted URL's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardE

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
The Update is this...

There is no confirmation of malware. I have checked the source code of the pages with warnings, and there is no malicious code in any of those pages.

All we have right now is that SOME URL's are listed on stopbadware.org, who provides data to google, thus the block appears in firefox and Chrome.

Our third party malware experts are trying to get us delisted from stopbadware, but with this being Saturday, I don't know if we'll have much progress until Monday.

That's all I know.

Continued reporting of issues will not make any difference to the progress with the case, nor will it change the current situation.

My advice for users who wish to read the threads that have warnings is this... read them if you want, or if you're afraid of the warnings, wait until they're cleared, which shouldn't be much longer.

** ScubaBoard has no intention of infecting users with malware, and is working to ensure the site is malware free, and that the warnings are cleared **

Due to the continued posting to the other thread by users who wish to detract from the updates by posing nonsense, I'm closing that thread, and starting this one. This action is to keep the actual information easy to read.

Until there is more to post, please don't start other threads, as they will be removed.

As far as I can tell, the malware warnings are removed.

Receives the warning with Firefox, but not IE10.

Apparently there is a warning, I've asked for a review. It should be cleared in 4-6 hours.

Warning is cleared.

Why am I still getting a Malware warning (IE9) from Norton Antivirus saying they've blocked a Malware site every time when I access ScubaBoard? I do not get this on other sites.

I have no idea?

You wouldn't get this on other sites, unless they also had a malware infection of some kind...

As for ScubaBoard... As I said... we did have a malware infection, and it was cleared. According to all of the malware scan sites, including stopbadware.org, and google, we are clean. This has been the case since March 28.

google:
What is the current listing status for ScubaBoard - Scuba Diving Forum - Diving Social Network - ScubaBoard Home
This site is not currently listed as suspicious.
Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 25 time(s) over the past 90 days.
What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 1444 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 50 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-04-08, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2013-03-28.​

Why am I still getting a Malware warning (IE9) from Norton Antivirus saying they've blocked a Malware site every time when I access ScubaBoard? I do not get this on other sites.

Try clearing the cache and cookies? Might be a legacy issue...

Thanks SC Hoaty. I had cleared the cookies, but not necessarily the cache. Did that - no malware notice. Hope that resolves things.

---------- Post added April 9th, 2013 at 08:13 PM ----------

Oh well, exited and re-entered ScubaBoard again and got the Malware blocked warning again. Are others getting this on their antivirus? I get this on no other sites.

---------- Post added April 9th, 2013 at 08:14 PM ----------

Getting a bit leary about SB right now even though the official response is it is taken care of.....

Back
Top Bottom